Kudos to you and your staff. See you in June at Reunion. This is a momentous column, because you are getting it 13 months before our 60th (!) Then on March 11, he traveled to Princeton for the Ivy League basketball tournament. We had a wonderful time at the 60th! Reunion chair for our 65th Reunion Jerry Schultz reminds folks to check the accuracy of their information in the Alumni Directory. First, we have a new book by author L Sam Zhang. Inasmuch as tax deductions and reduced RMDs are important to many of us at this stage of life, contributors can know they can donate to this project for multiple years and get important annual benefits, in addition simply to deriving the inherent satisfaction resulting from our contributions to the wellness of Cornellians. contributions: Alan Woodard We are starting early rather than waiting for our 60th Reunion year, so that our gift can have an impact now and over the next few years. We hope to hear from you soon! Kevin Eckes writes, Beth Chamberlain and I moved back to the U.S. in April 2020 after a four-and-a-half-year stint living and working in Belgium. Thats all the news Ive got this time. Please! Our classmate Amy McGarry and her husband, Sandy Jackson, own several properties in Jamaica, where Sandy was born. Jennifer Tishman Willey, founder and CEO of Wet Cement, reports on feeling fulfilled in her professional position, spending her time focused on cultivating inclusive cultures, empowering leadership, and solving the gender equity equation through speaking, training, coaching, and consulting. Light snow is on the ground, the skies are (and have been) completely overcast, and the temperature hovers around the freezing point. For $5,000 I now have a planted Swamp White Oak (selected for its hardiness and future canopy), with an inscribed metal tag attached. ADD NEW I volunteer at our local Lake Griffin State Park, where I teach kayaking and lead kayak eco-tours. Jennifer was also selected to lead the International Womens Day keynotes for companies in the U.S., Canada, and Japan. I always wondered what happened to him, then I saw the name George Boateng on a player for a World Cup team about a year ago. Return to The East High What is something youre doing now that you never thought youd be doing? Bette and I are healthy and still traveling, although less ambitiously, after 64 years of marriage.. In family news, our grandson Ezra married his college sweetheart in 2019 and they are now the proud parents of a toddler with another baby due in May (2023).. 76 likes. Judith Tischler Rogers is another very active person. Marcia Tremmel Goldstein Nancy Williams Clark, MEd 64, ever-busy creating her lovely watercolor paintings, reports that she and husband Tom 63, MBA 64, enjoyed joyous snow-filled holiday visits with all their family (including the 10 grandchildren!). A first-class perk is the food; check the airline website and order your meals in advance. I recently retired, after practicing medicine for 35 years in New York and Arizona, says Michael Finkelstein. Jackie DeAngelisis the co-host of Fox Business Networks new program The Big Money Show, which focuses on bringing context to Americans on all the financial topics that will impact their lives. Denver East High School, home of the Angels, is a public school located in Denver, Colorado. Celebrating our 45th Reunion this year. When Jeanne and husband Tom visited the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, they found a plaque honoring Gwen for her dedication to the garden as a volunteer. One of the longest running and most prestigious programs of its kind, it offers students the chance to earn credits and a Cornell transcript, study with top Ivy League faculty, and experience college academics firsthand. Ted and his wife, Laura, celebrated their return from San Francisco to Jackson Hole, WY, by rescuing an abandoned cattle dog nicknamed Monster, who welcomes visitors for skiing and hiking out their back door. I hope you all took the time to fill out and return the Share Your News form that was recently mailed to you along with class dues information. Still, were amazingly lucky thus far to have dodged COVID despite at least two exposures. Although hes an Artsie, he says the most life-changing aspect of his Cornell years was doing the College of Human Ecologys semester-long internship course in New York City titled The Ecology of Urban Organizations. He says that it set him up for his first career as an advertising executive in NYC. I left behind my split-level house and high-maintenance lawn in suburban Virginia Beach for downtown Norfolk, VA, and Harbors Edge, a 28-floor high-rise continuing care retirement community. Steve and Carol knocked off number one on their bucket list three years ago with a safari trip on the Serengeti Plain in Africa. She focuses on complex, high-risk commercial litigation and has served on multiple trial teams in federal and state courts, working on cases covering a wide array of subject matters including First Amendment, breach of contract, and election law. Hicks family forebears founded the town of Hicksville, on Long Island. They love the outdoors and enjoy exploring all that the area has to offer. We greatly appreciate your wonderful support." 10/3/2017 "Thanks for all your hard work and ingenious . For example, Sonia Pressman Fuentes (Sarasota, FL) wrote in: On April 19, 2022, a book was published called The Great Stewardess Rebellion: How Women Launched a Workplace Revolution at 30,000 Feet, by Nell McShane Wulfhart, which featured a trio of women, of whom I was one. Included were yellowing copies of the Daily Sun, replete with my bylined photos of hockey triumphs, and a collection of press photographer passes, which allowed me on the sidelines to photograph Big Red home football. Do you realize that June 811 this year is your chance to attend Cornell Class of 68s 55th Reunion? He and his wife, Peggy (Flynn), MS 63, always had a reception at their home in Brooktondale for incoming children of classmates. One of the longest running and most prestigious programs of its kind, it offers students the chance to earn credits and a Cornell transcript, study with top Ivy League faculty, and experience college academics firsthand. Janine Abrams Rethy, June Im, and Maureen Richardson Nagle all live near each other in D.C. and are enjoying their monthly book club and hike together. Event venues include the Milstein Dome, the Johnson Museum of Art, and, of course, the tents on the Arts Quad. Post your messages here. Her brother, Max 20, graduated from Arts & Sciences three years ago. She teaches workshops for students on how to manage their periods without embarrassment and within budget. Since leaving his role as CTO, Ben has been doing freelance software engineering and has been involved in the development of Launch Labs, which connects offshore developers with job opportunities in the U.S. and has been heavily involved with recruiting from Ukraine. Stephen Appell and I have joined the committee to provide input on determining ongoing communications to the class via a variety of outreach methods. Matt Connors (Buffalo, NY) is VP of development at Sinatra & Co. Real Estate, where he oversees all areas of multi-family development. At East High School, we provide every Angel with a rigorous learning experience preparing them to become creative, active citizens ready for academic and career success beyond graduation. Ive been on the board of the South Fort Collins Sanitation (a.k.a. He especially enjoys visits from family members, including his two sons and families who live nearby, his daughter and her family in Atlanta, and seven grandchildren, ages 20 to 30. VIEW ALL, If you have any questions or comments I had an opportunity to see Win Shiras in Santa Barbara. Geneva Saupe (email Geneva) | Alumni Directory. My husband is very into it, and we are now taking classes together.. with the bar scene, I read and write a lot of weird stuff nobody will ever Out of necessity I learned to use a snowblower and a chainsaw. Our friends Angelo 80 and Beverly Ditaranti Tramontelli 80 live nearby. Aristotles website and its associated blog (Tort-About-Town) will launch later this spring. ClassTraQ 11.003 Software Copyright 2003 - 2017 No matter if your news is big or small, please take a moment to write to us and stay connected with our class. Also, since I am involved in the Cornell Council, the Cornell Asian Alumni Association, and Reunion prep, I am able to connect face-to-face with colleagues I only see online. Amy writes that she loves all their properties, including their ranch in Arkansas, as each has something special to enjoy. Stewart Glickman (email Stewart) | Nancy Korn Freeman (email Nancy) | Tom Helf (email Tom) | Jon Felice (email Jon) | Alumni Directory. Scott is a Phi Kappa Tau brother and loved the study room at Clark Library. Then I wrote a book about it: This Old Man and the Sea: How My Retirement Turned into a Ten-Year Sail Around the World, which is available from Amazon. He moved from New York to Portland, ME, about five years ago when he staggered close to the pearly gates, he reports. Busy in retirement in Concord, MA, Julia and Dexter enjoyed a Cornell trip to Northern Ireland. I hope to see many of you there! In days of yore, Margo and Jim would attend concerts together, includingHarry Chapin 64sshows, eat at the Cabbagetown Caf, and wear matching Cornell gear. ), and, of course, London, where we will arrive, due to spectacularly bad planning on our part, during Coronation Weekend! And the resulting grammar is often quite good. from those ice cream cups with the butterscotch syrup and PMPs from the Hot Truck. Well worth the drive on a bright, sunny, 44-degree day! But when a wizened Vermonter at the hardware store said, Man, we lucked out with an easy winter, I broke down and wept. Also included were the requisite plaque commemorating my pledging a fraternity, the (unused) orange leather belt strap for my slide rule case, a Lynah ticket stub, and a 1977 issue of theAlumni Newsin which the class column mentioned I was to be returning to Cornell for business school. see. Robert Platts son Aaron was one of the many talented high school students to participate in the 2022 Cornell Precollege Studies summer program. Here are the key points: 1) Mental health issues are an importantproblemamong todays college students, even at Cornell. Emma just graduated from American University with a degree in environmental science and is an environmental educator in D.C., and Quinn is a sophomore in medical diagnostics studies at the University of Delaware. It was very helpful. Jon Myers is vice president of the Mattson support business group at Mattson Technology. On New Years Eve, Bob Weinman 59 once again conducted the Santa Barbara Symphony, this year in a rousing 76 Trombones from The Music Man. He recently received the Peter G. Peterson Award for his social impact efforts, which include leading a grassroots effort to bus people out of Ukraine. Bill Waters(email Bill) |Ruth Carpenter Bailey(email Ruth) |Class website|Alumni Directory. Art retired in fall 2021 after 40 years with the company. Its a glamorous, annual event held in the Granada Theatre in the citys historic district, says Bob. It has been so great to lean on friends during a challenging time and we are grateful for them and their friendship. I hopeAmy Underberg Applebaum, who was also in attendance at the game, enjoyed herself as much as I did. Glenn represented the foundation at a fascinating workshop of Waldenstroms researchers and physicians in Madrid recently. ), Marilyn Krinsky Price traveled to New York City in October to attend the almost-50th wedding anniversary party for Rosie Gerof Kalikow and her husband, Richie 71. The alumni network will connect you to other East alumni and former faculty, provide updates on school news, share stories of other graduates, and facilitate reunions. 4/27/2018, "Your site is amazing. Im maintaining our two homes, one in New Rochelle, the other on Chautauqua Lake. July 20, 2019 12:00 pm - 01:00 pm Location TBD. Mental health is, sadly, a timely and topical subject, and a good coaching program should have an ongoing impact for a long time. Rachels father is Tim Minton 79; her grandfather is Stuart Minton 51; her uncle is my son Charlie Minton 83; her aunt is my late daughter, Kathy Minton; and her cousin is James Bessoir 18., We received a letter from Jacob Gonzalez 26, recipient of this years Class of 1953 Cornell Tradition Fellowship.