Then, you can adjust the tension by moving the awning up or down. I need to wind it 10 times toward me as I am standing on the ladder. Kirk W >|\uGRrMg|S/h^ort,>SM*gq1iM9vrNRkU+6S,]}jkY]8kL'T {2u+J'&^y~\6 Here's how to do it: First, open up the awning all the way and locate the spring tension adjustment knob at the end of the awning arm. Then you can pin it while you put the arm on, you should see a small hole on the roller tube collar that will line up with the torsion assembly, once you put your turns on pin it then hook you arm out and then pull the pin if for some reason you slip . This is where the material has lost its tension. The awning will stop when it reaches the fully open position. 0000085883 00000 n 0000082358 00000 n Kurt l did not have the square tool to take off the stops so l took off the top caps. Started Saturday at 10:20 PM, Spring unwound on Dometic 9100 power awning. Rotate end bracket to increase spring tension as needed (usually a couple of turns will do the job). (12 vdc) power case/cassette awning (15 pages), (12 vdc) power case / cassette awning (13 pages), Cooling boxes, compressor cooler (284 pages), Manual will be automatically added to "My Manuals", Operate Tube LED Light Strip (if Equipped), Operate Rail LED Light Strip (if Equipped), Automobile Accessories Dometic 9100 Installation Manual, Accessories Dometic 9100 Installaiton Instructions, Accessories Dometic Horizon 920****.000 series Installation & Operating Instructions Manual, Accessories Dometic 9200 Series Operating Instructions Manual, Accessories Dometic 9200 Series Installation Instructions Manual, Accessories Dometic Oasis 976XX48.000 Series Operating Instructions Manual, Accessories Dometic 9500E Operating Instructions Manual, Accessories Dometic 9500E Installation Instructions Manual, Accessories Dometic Slide Topper 9800 Series Installation & Operating Instructions Manual, Accessories Dometic 9500 200 003 Series Installation Instructions Manual, Accessories Dometic 944 07.00 Series Installation And Operation Manual, Accessories Dometic CFX Series Operating Manual, Accessories Dometic COOLFREEZE CF35 Operating Manual, Accessories Dometic 8700 Series Service Manual. If you always Do what you have to Docongrats! 0000002387 00000 n ***I am having an issue where my Dometic Power Awning won't retract. Display as a link instead, 0000120556 00000 n 0000157416 00000 n 0000175369 00000 n Rotate this leg clockwise as many times as you did the front leg. 0000007036 00000 n Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1. A tree branch reached out and damaged my awning arm. Do you need advice on what products to buy? 2. Third: Put Your Awning Back Together Loosen the tension knob you tightened at the beginning of the process. I have used the following procedure to tension mine: 2. Youve now successfully rolled up your electric awning manually. Awnings can be either stationary or retractable, and the type of awning you choose will depend on your needs and preferences. With great ease turn the arm counter clock wise. Heres how to do it: Thanks much, seems simple enough. it runs, nothing moves. How do electric awnings work? Here are some instructions on how to do just that. Power Dometic Awning flops a loteven in a mild breeze..normal?? This will damage the assembly and create a pinch hazard. So I'm going to see what works and go with it. instructions MUST stay with this product. ?o}]tQdY|j[?|S. IMPACT OR CRUSH HAZARD. I always wear a pair of work gloves, just us caution and not let go of the bracket. awning fully extended, verify top arm as-sembly nearest entry door is fully extended, and that adjustable knob is tightened. If you are looking for an awning for your RV or camper, an electric awning is a great option. So reattach the front leg to the side of the RV and raise it up a bit. If it is not, then you will need to secure it according to the manufacturers instructions. We just replaced our awning fabric and had the same issue. 0000120705 00000 n Thats all there is to it! Is it possible that you wound the spring in the wrong direction? Some DIYers prefer to adjust the tension in each arm separately, rather than releasing both at the same time. Question Required fields are marked *. To do this, simply pull on the release handle until the arms are free. The number of turns depends on the length of the awning and how far away from the wall it is when you wind it. Share it with us! When adjusting awning pitch, bottom arm will telescope. How Often Should You Change Your RV Tires? Your link has been automatically embedded. There are several different types of retractable awning mechanisms available on the market. They are not built for rain or wind protection. There should be a tension knob on the tension arm. If you have a camper awning that needs to be tensioned, there are a few things you can do to achieve this. No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. 0000002944 00000 n Hi, thank you. Thanks Tom .. We have readjusted the torsion down (I'm thinking too much) to 4 rotations. For most people, you need to first flip the release switch from "up" to "down." Insert the cotter pin to hold the spring tension. The rotation is such that the awning winds on to the tube over the top when retracting. 0000003662 00000 n 0000008319 00000 n Well done! tmreeves 0000000016 00000 n This should increase the tension on the Awning. Get a ladder and grab the flap of fabric that hangs down. I had to remove my awning in a parking space. Could that be an issue? remoandiris Validated Members 1.4k Author They are usually located near the top of the awning, near the roller tube. "a n?yW)KW!s..ryz#psn'%EUy{N6n# co)MM9Z^% You will have to find someone who can help you in person; it's not always an easy fix. 674 0 obj <>stream If it is not, you can try to tighten it by adjusting the awning arms. 3 Front Channel Spring Loaded Button adjustable knob to set pitch (slope). 0000046295 00000 n Maybe if I had scaffolding, but not with a regular ladder. IMPACT OR PINCH HAZARD. 1594 55 NEVER disengageadjustable knob during windy conditions, or with water pooled or snow accumulated on awning fabric. When you need to run the awning in manually you pin the awning tube and then remove the top casting from the arm, if you pin the awning now you would not be able to turn the top casting to put tension on it. <]/Prev 1419990>> Improper release of this spring tension can result in damage to the awning, severe per- sonal injury, or both . 0000006430 00000 n Be careful if you mess with that at all - it can shoot out the side of the awning at you and cause serious damage! A drill 12v battery works good. It rolls it up crooked and ultimately causes the arms to twist a little. Tension the awning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LzmqPcpIPk, Windshield wipers - link for finding proper wipers, Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1. An electric awning is a type of awning that uses an electric motor to open and close. Simply turn the handle in a clockwise direction to raise the awning. Next, use a wrench to loosen the knob until the awning arm is loose. Automatic electric awnings will open and close automatically based on a set schedule or when sensors detect sunlight or rain. 5. Started 21 hours ago, By Open slide 6"-10" 2. You do this by taking the cap of the awning arm, which is the end of the spring also, and rotating it. Apparently a previous owner had taken it apart and wound it backwards. When completely unwound, the tube should rotate in the same direction to wind the spring as it would to roll up the awning. Started April 25, By Unfortunately, you cant be certain at this point that youve tightened the awning sufficiently. on Introduction, I replaced the fabric on my awning but have no tension at all to roll it up can I do what you said to do to get enough tension to roll it up, Answer The graph below shows the effect of adjusting the tilt. If you dont have a helper, slip the end of the support arm youre not working on into a hole in a cinder block, or devise a different method for keeping it upright. If you are in the market for a new awning, you may be wondering if electric awnings have springs. Your awning is now ready to be rolled back up or put to use. As you raise the awning, youll want to keep an eye on the awnings fabric. 0000160058 00000 n 0000160486 00000 n %%EOF Be very careful there is a lot of tension on the arm. I'm positive we marked the motor on the right hand side and put it back the way it came out. Don't know about Dometic, butCarefree has all their manuals on a web site that you can down load. It shows how to release the tension, replace the fabric and then set the tension on the roller. Started Thursday at 02:27 PM, By By I'm afraid there is no correct answer. Best of all it's totally FREE! BU`+&;@9 f`db`(`gfAy&y?. 0000109618 00000 n If you over do it the spring will break. Question The most common type is the manual crank mechanism, which requires the user to turn a crank to open and close the awning. You do not need to put the screws back in. %PDF-1.7 % It sometimes helped to slightly pull down on the awning roll manually to release tension on the mechanism before the switch would flip. Awnings are available in a variety of sizes and styles to suit any need, and can be custom-made to fit your specific space. Sometimes I need to get a pair of pliers to do it. The guidelines for 2 feet out from the coach wall are: up to 12 ft long awning = 8 turns13-14 ft = 9 turns15-16 ft = 10 turns16.5 - 18ft. 0000108740 00000 n Here is where a second ladder becomes useful. Again, please be very cautious. Get Subscribed Today! Once you've reassembled both arms, check the awning tension. 0000011030 00000 n 0000082443 00000 n I would imagine so. The old one was likely sagging down and pulling the arms down with it. She has extensive experience in tent and RV camping, hiking, backcountry exploration and cycling. Tighten it so the tension arm stays in place. 5 years ago If it's suitable, you're finished. 0 Yes, if awning coming in cocked it will bind up. 0000158753 00000 n IDK about you, but I won't be up there with a measuring tape and going back and forth to the switch to make sure I have 2 feet from the coach. About: Jack of All Trades, Master of One: Being Me! Dometic 9100 Power Awning Issue Learn to RV 523 subscribers Subscribe 51K views 5 years ago ** Thanks for watching, please hit that subscribe button for more RVing videos! Please rephrase this into proper sentences. 0000107372 00000 n Pasted as rich text. Let's get to it! Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more! I honestly have no idea what you are asking. 0000160995 00000 n Now, detach the front awning leg from the side of the RV and stand it up. Instant Pot vs. Crock-Pot: Which Is Better For RV Step-By-Step: How To Effectively Sanitize Your RV' Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8 Beta 1, Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2. The "support arms" are the aluminum members that extend from the awning tube to the bracket on the side of the MH (3.5' feet above the ground). This discussion is proudly sponsored by: Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2 Thread Tools Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free! I've done this one time and will say that you need to be very careful and know what you are doing before you start. This is a replacement torsion arm assembly for the Dometic A&E 9100 Awning. Originally Posted by syencer. *** Thanks for watching, please hit that subscribe button for more RVing videos! Do you need advice on what products to buy? The "tension arms" are what you adjust to make the awning taut after it has been lowered. Only do this once or twice, depending upon how loose your awning is. Start at one end and roll it up tightly. 4). Rotate end bracket to increase spring tension as needed (usually a couple of turns will do the job) 0000107456 00000 n But what do you do when the power goes out and you need to roll up your awning manually? If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. The screws should be close to the trailers body and should attach the support arm to whats called the tension arm. If your awning is about 20', you want to wind each end about 15 turns. This is necessary to repositionthe new torsion, fabric or roller tube exactly the samewhen the new part is installed.