It is a confidence-inspiring look. Trade Up! Callaway Mavrik Max Driver - Clubhouse Golf What Im looking for is something that looks, feels, and sounds great and is going to help me. . Amazon.com: Callaway Driver Tool Weight in Standard Callaway Mavrik Driver? - GolfWRX /* ----------------------------------------- */ If you make contact low on the face, for example, you can get ball speed numbers that are almost identical to sweet-spot strikes, which is just awesome. That might not be the same for you. What To Consider, high launch that is useful out of bad lies, adjustable weighting allows for some flexibility to accommodate different swings, some people dont like the very large footprint, natural drawers and fast swingers can struggle with the ball flight, Very easy to hit with excellent forgiveness, Adjustable weights allow for more flexibility than the standard model, The large footprint won't appeal to everyone, Better players may not have great results with the MAX. Got fitted at club champion in Boston. Then, if you do cut down, see how the driver performs and adjust the weight as necessary; you can either change out the sole weights or add lead tape to the head. I forgot to mention that Im a 65yo high ball hitter with an 8 GHIN. With the loft increased to the highest setting by +2, the trajectory will be highest. While the MAX may get an unfair rep as the "game improvement" driver, I advise you not to buy into that narrative and go test for yourself to find out which version is right for you. Without further ado, here are three equipment tweaks you can make to stop hitting the ball so far right. This is meant to make it easier to hit. Callaway Mavrik Driver Review: Expensive, But Worth It? While the MAX may get an unfair rep as the game improvement driver, I advise you not to buy into that narrative and go test for yourself to find out which version is right for you. Callaway Mavrik Driver Settings Chart: How To Adjust The MAVRIK MAX normally comes with a 2g and a 14g, so if I were to pick one, it would be a 2g. The A.I.-designed Flash Face is meant to deliver forgiveness and maintain ball speeds on strikes across the face, and its specific design characteristics are unique to each model in the MAVRIK line. The face of the MAVRIK driver is made of high-strength FS2S titanium. Setting up over the ball and making a swing, I feel like its impossible not to hit a bomb in the center of the face. However, the opposite might be true of a player who spins it more with their driver. Im usually looking for a slight draw, which would be represented by something around -100 to -300 rpm. The stock graphite shaft is the Project X EvenFlow Riptide (50/60). This post may contain affiliate links. This was what I was hoping for. While driver technology may not truly revolutionize year after year, Callaway has made incremental gains that make the MAVRIK MAX stand out. I know I read it somewhere here but I'll ask again. Rotate both the cogs until you align the preferred loft marking with the little dash over the hosel on the club shaft. Call your banker, refinance your house and be happy. If the weights are interchanged with the club heel encompassing, the driver promotes a draw bias. This is the Callaway Mavrik Max driver. Callaway MAVRIK MAX Driver Review - Customized Experience - Golfstead The hosel has two cogs that move independently of each other. As a clubfitter, it gives him more alternatives to fine-tune equipment for his clients. Ensure your settings are lined up between the hyphens and then put the shaft back in the head, tightening the screw until the "CLICK". Check out our deals for Practical Golf readers! Because of this, he stated, We can literally fit any golfer who walks through the door into a MAVRIK driver.. Depending on your combination, the loft adjustment may be on the top or the bottom. Required fields are marked *. For starters, there is no such thing as a standard loft in terms of its performance. Ernie loves documenting interesting facts about golf. Contributing to this forgiveness is a large head, large hitting area, and optimized leading edge. The Callaway Mavrik Max Driver is definitely a beginner to mid-handicap golfer club. Chrome Soft Chrome Soft X Chrome Soft X LS Truvis Limited Edition ERC Soft Supersoft Supersoft MAX Superfast Warbird REVA Corporate Logo View All Balls 4 Dozen For The . Being a single weight it is mainly used for swing weight purposes but a heavier weight in back should make it slightly more forgiving. Lofts: 9.5 ,10.5 , 11.5 / Price: $329 / BUY NOW. These cogs will indicate the settings available to you. From there you can order a custom weight, or keep the lead tape. When the heavy and light weights are placed at the back and front, respectively, the driver is forgiving while rendering maximum distance, stability, and a straight flight at the same time. Slow swing speed High launch High spin The Mavrik Driver lineup is lightweight with great control, which helps with faster clubhead speeds, fast ball speed, and ultimately, better distance. The following two tabs change content below. Make sure to use these systems to your advantage. Your thoughts on that. First, the MAVRIK MAX has a substantially larger footprint at every loft; for example, 200 CC for the 3-wood compared to 174 CC for the standard. Adjustable Weights When it comes to adjustable weights, there are essentially two types of systems: sliding weights and removable weights. near the heel and rear. lined up with the dash on the hosel) you can now turn the top cog and select N (Neutral) or D (Draw) - it's like a little jigsaw. Doing so is dangerous and could result in serious bodily harm. Yes, trimming the shaft will lower the swing weight. */ How to adjust your Callaway Mavrik Max driver | Golfbidder Shift the weight to the "draw" setting on Ping's G410 drivers to reduce a slice. If fitting is not an option, can you at least test both models on a launch monitor before buying? Full information on the driver, available shafts, available grips and their specs can be found on the CGPO website. If the number is negative, that means the ball is curving more right to left (draw). Golf Driver Weight Compatible with 2021 Callaway Epic MAX Driver Epic MAX LS Driver Clubs Head CG Adjustment Swingweight. 404 - Callaway Golf Company That sounds like a good place to start, but my recommendation is always to get fit. This will keep the face from being so open at impact, thus reducing the slice. The feel is just as stable and solid, if not more so. Like the Max model driver, the Mavrik Max fairway woods come with two adjustable weights positioned in the sole for either additional draw bias or extremely high MOI. At address, it has a straight topline and the crown stretches back and down towards the turf. Initially, I asked Josh to set the Max up to mirror my gamer. I wasnt surprised to learn that the MAVRIK MAX tends to be a touch shorter than the Standard; when you have a driver thats meant for high MOI and forgiveness, youre usually going to have more spin and consequently less carry and rollout. The ST200G features two sliding weights in the sole, offering superior adjustability to the Callaway Mavrik. As with the other models, an OptiFit hosel is not included. I weighed the head tonight and it came in at 191 grams, the weight at the back was 5 grams, so the standard weight. Below are the specs of the MAVRIK MAX fairway wood. Join more than 30,000 golfers and receive email updates when new articles post. Our take: Cobra's lightest driver comes in at a feathery 285 grams. The feel of the driver can be changed via two interchangeable weights, 14g and 2g, at the heel and back of the club. If youre looking for a modern driver thats super easy to pick up and start hitting good shots with, take a serious look at the MAX. 14g in the rear for maximum forgiveness. 65K views 2 years ago There are three versions of the Callaway Mavrik driver, all with different elements of adjustability. document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a41783b0d59d3bdf488a2211a747ca80" );document.getElementById("i59f7f13e4").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); A relevant ad is run on the sidebar in order to support the upkeep of Golfstead. Are you sure thats your ball speed and not your club speed, with a driver? Will do. Woody says that getting the loft setting on your driver is the most important. If it does need to be removed any clues on how to safely remove it without creating any damage. There is a 14g weight at the back of the club and a 2g weight at the heel that allows you to change the feel. I havent tested the stock SR shaft myself, so I cant speak to its performance. } 12 + 2=14 of weight so 14+14 is a lot more.A mate bought the normal Mavrik 10.5 lefty a week ago,its 46.5inch delivered.I chopped to 45.5 and has 4gr weight. How To Adjust Callaway Mavrik Driver - Better Golf Online Upload or insert images from URL. I occasionally like working a fade although i am more comfortable teeing off with a soft draw. Ive found that the 12.5 degrees setting on my driver works best for me to increase my distance (and control). Overall, Woody says that he cautions golfers to play around with the settings on their own. Raising the loft will help you increase the trajectory, while lowering the trajectory assists in decreasing it. In practice, I found that the MAX handles tougher lies well despite its larger footprint. This adjustment will add launch and help you fight the banana ball. Your previous content has been restored. Its 50 words or less under the headline 50 words or less. I would contact Callaway about this, or the place you bought the driver from. The new FS2S titanium is lighter in weight. However, golf carts Hi there. Saves me from spending too much time checking out the unending entries into the golf club market. Could you give me some insight into its suitability for me.Senior player off 9hcp, with soft fade off the tee (which Id like to lose) If its not your recomendation, what other shaft would you suggest.Regards..Rex Daly (Australia). Designed for the better player, the Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero driver gives you the ability to control the spin characteristics so better ball strikers can gain a few extra yards. The Callaway Mavrik has a single 5g weight in its back on the underside. /* ----------------------------------------- */, My new book, The Four Foundations of Golf, is now available on Amazon , Theres No Such Thing as Fair in Golf Act Accordingly, Review: The Most Comfortable Golf Shoes I Have Ever Worn, These Two Videos Will Save You Multiple Shots Around the Green, How To Get On a Private Golf Course: 4 Tried and True Methods. The Callaway Mavrik driver set consists of three drivers that encompass the Callaway Mavrik, the Callaway Mavrik Max and the Callaway Sub Zero drivers. You cannot paste images directly. callaway mavrik driver callaway mavrik driver tool . William Dickman, happy with PXGs. The most overlooked tool in modern drivers is the adjustable hosel. Thank you for the question. Full information on the fairway wood, shafts, grips and customization options can be found on the CGPO website. Draw drivers tend to have offset, and the MAVRIK MAX can produce a draw bias, but that comes from the interchangeable heel weight. Top 100 Courses in the U.S.: GOLFs all-new 2022-23 ranking is here! To hear more gear insights fromJonathan Walland True SpecsTim Briand, subscribe and listen each week toGOLFs Fully Equippedpodcast:iTunes|SoundCloud|Spotify|Stitcher, GOLF.com and GOLF Magazine are published by EB GOLF MEDIA LLC, a division of 8AM GOLF. .non-logged-in-ad-block { Dylan Thaemert has been a contributor to Plugged In Golf since 2018.