2. To take advantage of someone, or screw someone over. Mexican Slang | SpanishDict Vocabulary Esa chava es mi novia. Used to signify the difference between the letters B and V, which are pronounced similarly. Centro Botanero noun A tradtional style of service in a Mexican cantina, in which small snacks, called botana, are brought, free of charge to accompany ones round of drinks. Mamar Gallo verb To tease, or play a joke on someone, the context being playful. La neta ests chavo. Used to express ones connections to the criminal underworld. Ya Llovi exclam Signifying that a significant amount of time has passed since the last time an event occurred. Me da culo ir a Acapulco (Im scared of going to Acapulco). Chaln noun An employee, most often in the context of physical labour. El Barrio Me Respalda expression Literally the Hood has my back. Pato/Patito adj Of an item which is an imitation version of the real thing. Albur noun Wordplay in which a sentence is constructed to sound like a more offensive grouping of words. expression To reveal a secret or piece of gossip. Exact translation is Spit it out Lupe. Charolear verb To work as a waiter, or waiting tables. adj Anything hailing from the north of the country, the north being generally considered anything north Zacatecas. Dar la Garra verb To give something ones all. 20 Mexican Slang Words You Need to Know Before You Travel Pompar, pompeamos, pompeaste, do not exist). Is it true?' Gacho They are usually extremely colourful characters. Also Jalada. El Chapos sons always refer to him as Mi Ap. Auto Chocolate noun A vehicle registered in the United States, which is brought across the border without undergoing the proper import procedure, and is simply used in the border region. e.g. Chulada de maiz prieto exclam Expression which is descriptive of how excellent or high quality something is. e.g. The majority of crimes using vehicles committed in Mexicos side of the U.S. border region are done using autos chocolates. No tener madre adj Descriptive of something or something to be particularly malicious or bad. (X in this case being the lauded subject of the chant). More Slang More Mexican Slang, Mexican Proverbs, Expressions, Sayings, Vocabulary, Sports Terms, Medical Terms, Transportation, Food, Anglicisms, False Friends, TV - Movies, Miscellaneous. Equivalent of I beg you pardon?. slang. e.g. Also known as Aporreadillo. Literally to not be left with any doubt. 6. Churro A joint, or marijuana cigarette. e.g. There are two main varieties of tuna: red and green. See authoritative translations of Mexican spanish to english in Spanish with audio pronunciations. Generic term generally meaning assent, most commonly used in Mexico City and the surrounding area. mexican slang dictionary pdf Gringo noun A U.S. citizen, most often of European descent. Mexican Spanish Slang - Lingoda mi ex-novio se port muy gacho conmigo (My ex-boyfriend treated me very badly). Hacerle la jarocha verb To tell someone off, or to give someone a bollocking in the British idiom. e.g. Also: Capitalino, Defeo. Pulque noun The fermented juice of the agave, turned into a popular alcoholic drink, generally with an ABV of around 5%. Chido adj. Salsa noun Any mixture of ingredients ground together, the salsa is a key element in Mexican cuisine, and present in almost every meal. Un chingo: A lot, many or much, can be used with both countable and uncountable nouns. Torta Ahogada noun A drowned sandwich a dish typical to Guadalajara, in which a torta is put in a bath of the same carnitas consomm which has resulted form the meats preparation. 2. Ensear el cobre verb Of a person, to reveal an ugly or darker side, having previously preserved a more acceptable veneer. e.g. Literally A donkey has no fear. Dejame preguntar a la morra (Let me ask my girlfriend). Terrible e.g. e.g. e.g. Barra noun In Campeche state, a baguette sandwich. "La luz esta en roja, pero no viene nadie. noun A bar, or stick, used to block a doorway in the absence of an actual lock. B Pequeo noun The letter V. Used to signify the difference between the letters B and V, which are pronounced similarly. Cuete noun A pistol or gun, another way of pronouncing cohete. I-Latino noun The letter I. Literally, to give them cramp. Wrestlers are divided between rudos and tecnicos. Also Lambiscon. Fulana/o noun Nondescript way of referring to a known individual. Fuck it, Im running the light.). Something which a person might say they would eat with their eyes. e.g. Chayote noun Money given (usually by governments or authorities) to journalists in exchange for favourable coverage. The tightly curled hair genetically typical of black people. Oye, cuculuste! (Hey, curly!). The term, meaning wet, stems from the way in which migrants would traditionally cross into the U.S. over the Rio Grande (River Grande) which marks the border between Texas and Mexico. Ese profesion es mi gallo (This is the profession I want to be in). Me toca ir al cocherio maana. individual Slang name of Nemesio Oseguera Cervantes, the leader of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel. me voy a echar un coyotito (Im going to take a nap). Much like a real piata. adjective Vulgar, or foul-mouthed. Rollo, tener buen expression Of an individual, to be an engaging conversationalist. Mexican Slang Words Spanish slang words in Mexico are used every day. Literally, the water doesnt reach the cistern. Pepenar verb To search through a large array of things for something specific. Te gusta el chile verdad?. It uses all the verb tenses and object pronouns with no explanations. Asafata noun An air hostess. Referred to as A Whitey in English. Atole noun A traditional drink made from corn, in which the starch from the grains forms the base of the beverage. - Hey, can you help me? Close equivalent to "ghetto" in English. noun In culinary terms, campechano means a mixture of two main ingredients. 51 Mexican Slang Words To Sound Like a True Mexican - Tell Me In Spanish A common term, between friends, to refer to one another. Cuerna de Chivo noun An AK-47, or any other similar assault rifle. transitive verb 2. Trompazo noun A punch in the face, or on the nose. tobacco, cannabis, etc. Agazapado adj Descriptive of someone who moves in a way so as not to be seen. Ponerse vergas verb Rude version of ponerse trucha. 2. noun Used to describe a person, and meaning depends entirely on the context. Chiflar y comer pinole, no poder expression Meaning it is impossible to do two things well at the same time. 2. De plano expression Meaning straight-up or without beating around the bush. 1. Esta bien bueno. Date. Literally it has rained since that happened/. e.g. que buena peda anoche (What a good party that was last night), A state of complete inebriation. 38 Mexican Slang Words & Phrases You Should Know - BaseLang Also Pueta. ero noun A mate, or friend. Rubia de farmacia noun A peroxide blonde. Literally never say this water is undrinkable. Que hubo exclalm Whats up? Mueren Burros, No a cada rato expression Denoting that something is a special occasion. Estribo, el del noun The final beverage of a drinking session. La Morena being the road (as in, the dark one) and being both flirty and slippery. e.g. Darle las tres verb To take the final few puffs on a cigarette or other smokeable item, in order to finish it. This is a dish inherited from Lebanese immigrant cuisine. On the Mexican Slang list by Thejugster, master each vocabulary translation via open input or multiple choice practice. 2. adj Descriptive of a person who is dynamic, flexible, and has good business sense. Most often used in the negative version, as a complaint. See Chamba for etymology. Vaso Michelado A frosted glass with condiments prepared to be mixed with beer. Wila noun Alternate spelling of Gila. Poor, demonstrating poverty or sub-standard. Mordida noun A bribe. bad, unpleasant, of poor quality, e.g. that word is slang esa palabra es del argot. We bring you more than 24,000 real definitions for over 17,000 slang words and phrases. See this report for more information on Escamoles. Nopal noun Prickly pear. Dos-Tres expression A very chilango way of saying probably, or more likely than not. What a kicking!). Chonguitos noun The term for crossing ones fingers in the hope of receiving good luck. 2. reflexive verb To go somewhere. Mexican Slang from Mexico Guru Also al chilazo. 2. verb To make a mistake. Ningn chile te embona expression Meaning theres no pleasing you. They are also known as the Tarahumara in the Spanish language, although that word is a bastardisation of how the people refer to themselves. Al Gusto adj Usually referring to food, prepared in the style which the diner desires. or How are you doing? Often heard at football games when the goalkeeper takes his goalkick. Synonym of Chingn. Al Pastor noun Pork loin marinated in chili, spices and vinegar, and then stacked Shawarma or Dner-style on a vertical spit. Gato Apalabrado noun A suck-up or brown-nose. La Guadalupana individual Mexicos patroness saint, the Virgin of Guadalupe. e.g. CJNG acronym Cartel Jalisco Nueva Generacin. No hay moros en la costa expression Literal equivalent of The coast is clear in English. Literally to be in the guava orchard. Quesillo noun Oaxaca cheese. e.g. Stemming from the days in which a taxi meter was similar in appearance to a roulette wheel. To stir up trouble between other people. The most stereotypical Mexican expression. Soltar el borrego Literally to release the sheep. e.g. A commonly used term in Mexican slang, neta translates roughly to 'truth' or 'really? Lo llam a cagarlo (She called him up to give him a telling off). Sape noun A firm telling off, or bollocking. Say someone gives you some really great gossip; a wide-eyed neta? Aeromosa noun An air hostess, originally for Aeromexico, but can be used for any airline. A dog. Esta tragando camote (Look at this idiot with the green light, but he isnt moving. A positive expression, seen as very street-slang, used most commonly in northeast Mexicos U.S. border region, particularly Tamaulipas. Since these words refer to youth, Mexican speakers also use them to express that a person is naive or immature. The original piatas are a ball with seven spikes protruding from them, designed to represent the seven deadly sins. El gangoso is commonly the subject of jokes around wordplay. Aporreado noun A dish typical to the Tierra Caliente in which dried beefsteak, egg, beans, tomatoes and spices are stewed together. Clamato noun A tomato juice-based drink, with seafood flavouring, which is most often mixed with sauces, Bloody Mary style, to make clamato preparado. The word Chamber became Mexicanized, to become the verb Chambear and the noun Chamba. Literally with your permission. The proper response to this phrase is Propio. Joven, no terminare ese plato, me pone un itacate? (Waiter, I will not finish this meal, could I have it to go?). Urban Dictionary: spanish slang While the word 'pendejo' literally means 'pubic hair' it's the equivalent of calling someone 'stupid' or an 'asshole' and can be used in both an endearing way (between friends) or in an offensive way it all depends on the tone of voice. ando bien crudo guey (Im very hungover, man). Context involves the onga. Taparabos - noun Despective word for indigenous clothing, in that it serves for little more than covering ones bottom. Ese personal pronoun A very chicano way of saying him, or that guy. Whenever I throw in words from it, my friend tells me I sound Mexican. Also Ponerse las vergas. To explain something liket he person you are talking to if a five-year-old. Most vocabulary lists and dictionaries are terrific for words that strictly adhere to standard definitions. : exclam Common insult which is relatively self explanatory. Esa putiza no tenia madre (that beating was bloody awful). Reverendo Pelmazo title A despective term usted to refer to President Obrador by his detractors. Most common filling it ham and cheese. la Morena esta coqueta y resbalosa expression Impolite and sexually-suggestive way of saying that the road or motorway is wet with rain. Often used in the context of narcotrafficking kingpins. Aventado noun An individual who acts without thinking. There are many kinds: Roja a common sauce with a tomato base. Echar al plato verb To have sex with someone; literally to put them on your plate, in the context of the phrase andarse comiendo. the Yucatan Peninsulas states of Campeche, Yucatan and Quintana Roo, in that its inhabitants are predominantly of Mayan ethnicity. Batucada noun The moment during a party (usually a Quinceaera or a wedding) in which party favors such as fancy dress, balloons, or other fun items, are distributed amongst guests. What a pain in the arse.). e.g. Crack noun Someone who is the best at what they do. Asada in which all the ingredients are grilled over coal before being mashed together into a sauce. Me aviento para alla (Ill rush over there). Me la compre en cien varos. A Toda Madre adj Excellent, or first class. See Chingar for context. adj Descriptive of the climate, when it is very hot and humid. Literally to eat clown. 40+ Mexican Slang Terms to Boost Your Conversation Skills It can also be used to call someone a "bro", or, in general, refer to a guy. Entrn/a noun An individual who is quick to anger and physical violence. The Online Slang Dictionary | Real definitions. Real slang. - Ya entend. - ndale!. We've created a list of popular slang words and phrases so you can start sounding like, and connect with Spanish locals. noun A person hailing from the north of the country. Juate en el Huevo exp An annoying or irritating thing. Cana al aire noun A non-committal sexual fling. Ruletero noun A taxi driver. Se estan chingando la lana (They are stealing the money). The Spanish Slang Dictionary Directory e.g. Get a move on!, or Hurry Up!. (i.e. Hampa noun A gang, or organised criminal group. Quiobolas exclam Rude alternative to que hubole, given that it suffixes the word bolas. Tapata/o A native of the city of Guadalajara. Mexican Slang: 30+ Mexican Words and Phrases to Master Casual For example, running a red light in your vehicle, or being cut up in traffic. English Slang. This a very barrio term, or perceived as low-class. Tengo palanca (Ive got a guy). For example, a 16-year-old girl might be described as a vieja by a 16-year-old boy, despite the fact that she is still young. Changuitos noun Crossed-fingers, and in expectance of good luck. e.g. An abbreviation of the phrase por la cola (through the tail/rear end). Often in celebration or passion. Chinga su Madre! noun Penis, in the region of the Yucatan Peninsula. These Mexican slang words below are squeaky clean and simple. B Grande noun The letter B. English Translation of "meco" | The official Collins Spanish-English Dictionary online. To take more than is ones fair share. Amarrar Navajas verh To instigate or encourage conflict in which one will not be involved. Also Zape. Guarapo noun The act of fellatio. Telera noun A style of crusty bread, baked in individual portion size, which is the most common form of a torta. It is not a race, it is a nationality. Comes from the word Rey, meaning King. e.g. Used to distinguish between the letters I and Y, which are pronounced similarly. Cacharpo noun The bus drivers assistant, or conductor on public transport. Tultepec (Mountain of Tule). Check out MExico Relocation Guide, Thinking of moving to Mexico? As in baseball; the bat something away. Literally, to cut someones testicles off. Chicano noun A Mexican American, most often second-generation immigrant. Dejaron de pagar, y no di la cara (They didnt pay, and never showed their face). ndale exclam 1. Carnitas noun A preparation of pork in its confit (i.e. Patn noun An asshole in the figurative sense. Cohete noun A pistol. la fiesta estaba desangelada (the party was dead). Popular Mexican Slang Click here for our most popular mexican slang. Me caga exclam It, or someone, irritates me. i.e. 10 Mexican Slang Words to Survive on the Streets Because of all the attention Hollywood has put on cartels. Poner cuerno verb To cheat sexually on ones partner. You're a kid, to be honest. Excellent. Cura noun A Baja-Californian word for something amusing. Comes from the Nahuatl word for a tent or makeshift shelter. For older generations, it is used to describe a Mexican migrant to Mexico City, who moved to the capital from a different part of the country, but today, it is a universal term. Urban Dictionary: Pendejo Halcon noun A cartel lookout, or spy. The vast majority wear masks, the removal of which is seen as a great dishonour to their characters, who inspire great devotion and adulation in Mexican culture.