Since then Michael has changed 6 companies and 5 roles. By closing this message or continuing to use our site, you agree to the use of cookies. Eventually, it grew into a brand called Mikey's, which is a frozen, better-for-you, gluten-free brand that you can find today at about 10,000 stores. We teamed up with General Mills to bring Big Bites Cinnamon Toast Crunch Filled Marshmallows to life and they taste even better than you can imagine. This is something Ive come to find out that millions of people have done before. 12-Dec-2019 Stuffed Puffs closed its last funding ENJOY THE JOURNEY An orphaned immigrant who came to America as a child, he beat the odds and started a successful business in the printing space. Candy Industry recently spoke to Tierney, CEO of Stuffed Puffs, about the companys founding, persevering when doors close in your face, and the challenge and beauty in starting from scratch. Source: Kellogg Co., Campbell Soup Co., Stuffed Puffs. dataLayerNews.related_tags = sanitize_gpt_value2("processing, Marshmallow, Chocolate"); On a personal level, LinkedIn and Instagram, but I am historically more of a consumer than a contributor to social work. #entrepreneurship #viralreels #creative. Tierneys creation sparked his mission to launch Stuffed Puffs, which makes marshmallows filled with milk chocolate at plants in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. Use of these cookies, which may be stored on your device, permits us to improve and customize your experience. It's taken the country by storm and we are so excited to offer chocolate-on-chocolate to make an old-fashioned American favorite even better. Despite initial challenges, the facilities employ more than 200 people today and provide stock for more than 40,000 stores nationwide, including Walmart, Sam's Club, Target and Kroger. Stuffed Puffs delivers a traditional treat stuffed with delicious and creamy milk chocolate to show the world that this is more than your average marshmallow. var reg = new RegExp('\\W+', "g"); For me, the issue with a traditional smore is that the chocolate never melted it was always ice cold and slid around the graham cracker. Learn How rich is He in this year and how He spends money? MT: What challenges did we face? Stuffed Puffs has 7 executives. The product melts from the inside out when roasted over the fire and also makes a great snacking item. if (i!=(aTags.length-1)) We recommend you to check the complete list of Famous People born on . Rich Thompson, managing director at Factory, saw my vision and believed in the art of the possible. Thank you Brian McKeon, from the National Confectioners Association, and Tony Jacobs for having me there with you today. They say if something isnt broken, you shouldnt fix it, but that didnt stop Michael Tierney from improving on traditional smores. At 35 years old, Michael Tierney height is 511 . He is currently single. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, or LinkedIn to receive updates and to network with other industry professionals just like you! CI: Does Stuffed Puffs have its own manufacturing facility? vOut = vOut.toLowerCase(); By visiting this website, certain cookies have already been set, which you may delete and block. STAY HUMBLE Stuffed Puffs has 98 employees. WebView Michael Tierney's business profile as Founder & CEO at Stuffed Puffs Filled Marshmallows. Raising capital for a company that had as much resistance around production feasibility is quite challenging. Marshmallow He passed while I was in college, and I just wish I could show him everything Ive built because I know he would be so proud. According to our Database, He has no children. current Founder, Chief Executive Officer is Michael Tierney, CBI websites generally use certain cookies to enable better interactions with. Edit Lists Featuring This Company Section, Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development, Food Processing Companies With More Than 50 Employees, Pennsylvania Companies With More Than 10 Employees (Top 10K), Companies With Fewer Than 1000 Employees (Top 10K), Private United States Companies (Top 10K). At a formal ceremony in November, Stuffed Puffs, the chocolate-filled marshmallow, cut the ribbon on a new 150,000-square-foot plant in Bethlehem. To view Stuffed Puffss complete valuation and funding history, request access, Youre viewing 3 of 4 executive team members. We'll be in your inbox every morning Monday-Saturday with all the days top business news, inspiring stories, best advice and exclusive reporting from Entrepreneur. To eliminate the hassle of having to juggle the three parts of a s'more, Tierney, 32, first created Stuffed Puffs, which combine marshmallow and chocolate into one product, a decade ago. Chocolate Looking forward to continuing to grow together. Or does it have a manufacturing partner? By Liz Brody May 11, 2022 Making the "impossible" possible with our amazing Stuffed Puffs Filled Marshmallows team everyday. But juggling marshmallows, chocolate bars and graham crackers around a campfire, or hot grill, can be a sticky challenge as, all too often, the marshmallow does not get hot enough to melt the chocolate. You can read more about your. He is from Ireland. How was the launch? { Bad Weather Won't Ruin Your Vacation Anymore , Retirees Are Earning Up to $20,000 Per Month With. During that time, and searching for a manufacturing partner, he realized he wasnt the first person to think of the idea for what eventually became Stuffed Puffs. 12-Dec-2019 at 10:29 GMT. The answer would turn out to be far more complex than he had imagined. Its a simple idea, but very hard to execute, which is why it hasnt been done before, Enter Michael Tierney, CEO and founder of Stuffed Puffs, who hasingeniously solved the problem by putting the chocolate inside the marshmallow. Why hasn't someone commercialized this? Joel Holland, CEO of Harvest Hosts, grew the company's membership from 6,000 to more than 250,000 since 2018. He is from Ireland. MAKE IT MATTER www.stuffedpuffs.com Ownership Status Privately Held (backing) Financing Status Venture Capital-Backed Primary Industry Food Products Other Industries Internet She was born and raised in Queens, New York. I felt like I invented the wheel or something monumental and couldnt get the idea out of my head. WebMichael Tierneys income source is mostly from being a successful . I wanted to put two things that weve been using forever into a format that was more fun, tasted better, and was more convenient and less of a mess for mom, Tierney said. Total amount raised across all funding rounds, Total number of Crunchbase contacts associated with this organization, Total number of employee profiles an organization has on Crunchbase, Total number of investment firms and individual investors, Total number of organizations similar to the given organization, Descriptive keyword for an Organization (e.g. Discover Michael Tierneys Biography, Age, Height, Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, Family and career updates. Carry yourself with integrity and respect. Phone Email. You must have JavaScript enabled to enjoy a limited number of articles over the next 30 days. Design, CMS, Hosting & Web Development :: ePublishing. Here are a few modern strategies to help small businesses survive and succeed in an economic downturn. Michael Tierney was roasting s'mores when his million-dollar idea struck. MT: Stuffed Puffs is expanding every day. https://lnkd.in/d37esUu5, I am excited to celebrate Frank Vazquez as the first recipient of our Top Puff award at our new Bethlehem, PA manufacturing facility. Founded in 2019 by Michael Tierney, Stuffed Puffs believes that Life Is More Fun Filled and that is meant quite literally. Adrianne Pasquarelli Finding a sweet balance between health, indulgence, Processing Equipment & Systems, Automation, Control, Packaging & Packing Materials, Containers, News & Analysis on Chocolate, Candy and Cocoa. Get the full list, To view Stuffed Puffss complete board members history, request access, Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development, To view Stuffed Puffss complete investors history, request access, Morningstar Institutional Equity Research, Modifying moisture content of endosperm of corn kernels to a predetermined moisture content by heating in water for a period of time; pretreatment for making a partially popped kernel; food processing, Founder, Chief Executive Officer & Board Member. Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own. With your subscription youll get: Learn about theses six powerful time management strategies you can implement in a hybrid or remote workplace. So, how much is Michael Tierney worth at the age of 35 years old? We are already at work on different flavor and coating combinations that will make Stuffed Puffs much more than just a campfire-season product., Copyright - Unless otherwise stated all contents of this web site are 2023 - William Reed Ltd - All Rights Reserved - Full details for the use of materials on this site can be found in the Terms & Conditions, Related topics We have estimated Michael Tierneys net worth, money, salary, income, and assets. CI: What manufacturing challenges did you face? Pennsylvania. #usmanufacturing #lehighvalley, Thank you Ad Age for honoring me on your 40-under-40 list for 2022. When was the last funding round for Stuffed Puffs? The party line was something to the effect of weve tried it and its not possible go get a job and let this go. I just refused to accept that as a possibility, and when somebody challenges me to do something, that is when I get the most motivated. Stuffed Puffs makes marshmallows filled with real milk chocolate that melts from the inside out. The support and partnership your merchant team has provided all of us at Stuffed Puffs Filled Marshmallows is a foundational part of our success. The result was an ooey, gooey chocolatey smore, just like the ones you see in the TV commercials but can never replicate. }); For non-Americans, a Smore is a dessert consisting usually of toasted marshmallow and pieces of chocolate bar sandwiched between two graham crackers, cooked over a campfire or hot grill. Sometimes the simplest concepts can have the most difficult execution - just ask Stuffed Puffs Filled Marshmallows founder Michael Tierney. Ls vr integritetspolicy och cookiepolicy fr att f mer information om hur vi anvnder dina personuppgifter. WebVerified contact information for Michael Tierney - Founder, Chief Executive Officer, Stuffed Puffs including email address, phone number and personality insights that will make Each 6.5-ounce bag includes 10 individually wrapped marshmallows in bunny-inspired packaging, so theyre ideal for using in Easter baskets or in a backyard Easter hunt. Rather than using a third-party manufacturer, a standard strategy for food companies, Tierney wanted to design and operate his own Stuffed Puffs manufacturing facility. Stuffed Puffs raised a total of $350 K in funding over 1 rounds. It was great to share the Stuffed Puffs Filled Marshmallows journey with the audience as well as learn from my fantastic co-panelists Sarah O'Grady and Julie Kucinski. By closing this message or continuing to use our site, you agree to the use of cookies. } Stuffed Puffs are stuffed marshmallows made with real milk chocolate. We have estimated Michael Tierneys net worth, money, salary, income, and assets. Activate your account. Klicka p Avvisa alla om du inte vill att vi och vra partner ska anvnda cookies och personuppgifter fr dessa ytterligare ndaml. At present, the main retail outlet for Stuffed Puffs is Walmart and the company currently employs 60 people, with more job opportunities available once the Bethlehem plant comes online. The company's products are marshmallows filled with real milk chocolate that can be consumed by toasting, roasting, baking, and snacking, enabling customers to enjoy desserts made of chocolates. This is a profile preview from the PitchBook Platform. Copyright 2023. All of them! Join the internets leading entrepreneur community! A huge thanks to our entire Stuffed Puffs Filled Marshmallows team for making it happen ever day! Everyone plays an important role and by supporting one another we will continue to achieve great things. Were really excited to bring this to the Valley, Stuffed Puffs founder and CEO Michael Tierney told The Morning Call. This will be the sweetest job in the Lehigh Valley. SaaS, Android, Cloud Computing, Medical Device), Where the organization is headquartered (e.g. Tierneys razor-sharp instincts for innovation created a viral sensation and overwhelming product demand for the delicious chocolate stuffed clouds of goodness resulting in a national launch and placement for Stuffed Puffs in retailers, including Walmart. According to ZoomInfo records, Michael Tierneys professional experience began in 2002. By visiting this website, certain cookies have already been set, which you may delete and block. What an incredible experience to have been able to attend the White House Easter Egg Roll today as a Board of Trustees member for the National Confectioners Association . WebWho is Stuffed Puffs Headquarters 3910 Stuffed Puffs Pl, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, 18017, United States Phone Number (833) 476-6737 Website www.stuffedpuffs.com Chocolate How have you overcome them? Incredibly creative video that amassed millions of views in its first day!! The tech maven popped by the food joint instead of taking his LSATs nearly 20 years ago. Use of these cookies, which may be stored on your device, permits us to improve and customize your experience. Vi, Yahoo, r en del av Yahoos varumrkesfamilj. Founder & CEO, Odie Pet Insurance. The Amazon founder and billionaire was with partner Lauren Sanchez and famous friends, Kris and Kendall Jenner. I built foundational culinary skills and worked for free, but I was happy to exchange short-term income for knowledge. In just two years, we will have approximately 30,000 retail locations carrying our products by mid-summer 2021. WebFounded in 2019 by Michael Tierney, Stuffed Puffs believes that Life Is More Fun Filled and that is meant quite literally. Deauville, LLC. Thank you Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corp. President & CEODon Cunninghamfor having me on such an impactful panel with other top manufacturing from the valley including Rick Bucher of Victaulic;Jean-Claude DubacherofB. Braun Medical Inc. (US); andFrederick HorowitzofA.P. Meet Stuffed Puffs Big Bites Cinnamon Toast Crunch Filled Marshmallows! site you are consenting to these choices. I carefully split apart a marshmallow and placed a piece of chocolate inside, seamed it back together and put it over the fire. 2023 PitchBook. Stuffed Puffs is the easy new way to make a good old-fashioned American favorite, Tierney continues. Yadira Gonzalez is an intern with Ad Age. dataLayer.push(dataLayerNews); MT: Since the launch, the response has been phenomenal. While at a backyard gathering, Tierney nestled a piece of chocolate inside a split marshmallow before sliding it between two graham crackers fully heating the chocolate and making the smore much easier to eat. - Last updated on Chief Executive Officer & Founder. our sites and services. You may unsubscribe at any time. Stuffed Puffs is launching cookies and crme flavored stuffed marshmallows. I then started looking for partners and meeting with everyone in the candy industry from manufacturers to equipment suppliers. $(document).ready(function() { By continuing to use this site you are consenting to these choices. Filling & Packaging Equipment & Systems. You can update your choices at any time in your settings. Thanks Entrepreneur Media for sharing our story. 24 min 30 sec ago. We spend a lot of resources and focus on product development and innovation, and in a few weeks, well be announcing a brand-new flavor that we think will resonate with our fans. Director, Sales, Club & C-Store Alternative Channel, Find your B2B customer within minutes using affordable, accurate contact data from Datanyze, Stuffed Puffs headquarters are located in 3910 Stuffed Puffs Pl, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, 18017, United States, Stuffed Puffss main industries are: Grocery Retail, Retail, Food & Beverage, Stuffed Puffs appears in search results as Stuffed Puffs LLC, Stuffed Puffs, Stuffd Puffs, Get Free Access to Stuffed Puffs Contacts Info. That said, from a business standpoint I have started to become our lead talent on TikTok and its working well and Im having fun with it. Tierney officially opened the Stuffed Puffs plant in April 2019 in Wisconsin producing north of $30m worth of product and demand has been so successful, Stuffed Puffs has 7 executives. Finally, in 2018, Mikey's partnered with an CPG venture group in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania called Factory, LLC that opened the door for Stuffed Puffs. I'm incredibly impressed at how quickly the entire team has gelled together, embraced our culture, and strived to deliver great product to our customers. https://lnkd.in/eDK2GJVv. Highlight your management teams expertise. Our new facility is over 150,000 sq. - It allowed me to approach the problem without guardrails. Knowing very little about the way things are done allowed us to do things that are against convention. This award goes to the team member who has truly embodied and exemplified our core values. Stuffed Puffs was born around the campfire and for good reason, said Michael Tierney, founder and chief executive officer at Stuffed Puffs. With groundbreaking projects such as revolutionizing the capabilities of signage for New York Citys Avenue of the Americas with a rust-free alternative, he was a larger-than-life figure and the only entrepreneur in my family tree. We are entrepreneurs at heart, so whether its expanding our retail partnerships, or innovating new items, we are always hungry for smart expansion. Within two years, he had created a proprietary manufacturing process. https://lnkd.in/d6cnRcH Always keep safety, equality, and product quality at the top of your mind. We continue to receive glowing feedback from consumers and have built a strong social following to support our growing community of fans. All Rights Reserved BNP Media. Founded in 2019 by Michael Tierney, Stuffed Puffs believes that Life Is More Fun Filled and that is meant quite literally. Just started The Hard Thing About Hard Things, by Ben Horowitz, which has my attention. I started another brand to help buy time for Stuffed Puffs. R&D He quickly established Mikeys Brand, a better-for-you baked goods for a local (Long Island, NY) retailer, which blossomed into over 8,000 retailers doors nationwide. CI: What has the response been from customers?