His career and doing what made him happy were what the two of us aimed for. Brenda Gantt was widowed in late 2018 when her husband of five decades, George Patton Gantt, passed away at the age of 72. Next, her video on buttermilk biscuit-making the third one she made went viral. "It's gonna be good y'all!" Your account has been locked for 30 minutes due to too many failed sign in attempts. His memory will live on trough Brendas viral biscuit how-to video, which she created in honor of her late husband. Gantt advises people to register on the waiting list for a reprint planned for the spring of 2022, depending on demand. Brenda Gantt is a former schoolteacher, chef, and social media personality. Both of her children are adults with respective families. George Gantt was born George Patton Gantt on April 6, 1946, to Pollard Revenel Gantt and Edra May Worley Gantt. George Patton Gantt was a retired vet who once served in the marine corps. I put them on the middle shelf. Fans encouraged her to write down her recipes. Im enjoying the cooking, because I feel like Im helping somebody, and I like that, she said. Moreover, he operated as a church deacon for more than three decades. She has single handedly run the Coddle House Bed & Breakfast she remodeled with her husband George before his death in 2018. A system error has occurred. She then went on to earn her masters degree from the University of Alabama. Required fields are marked *. After getting his degree, Gantt served in the United States Marine Corps. We are here to help you make your home a better place by providing you with the latest information and trends from around the world. For memorials with more than one photo, additional photos will appear here or on the photos tab. I realized by the comments that people are sending in, that they are lonely, they are shut in, some of them are widows [who] cant get out. Besides that, George was a devout Christian and served as an educator at the Bethany Baptist Church for three decades. The recipes in the book, theyre not fancy. From the get-go she has utilized that platform as a ministry and tried to minister to people who are lonely and just love her because shes about as lovable as she can be.. That video became so viral on Facebook that it made her rethink her career path, finding a new business idea amidst the pandemic. On April 6, 1946, George Patton Gant was born in Andalusia. Since then, Gantt has cultivated millions of followers on her social media and has become somewhat of a local celebrity. This Mexican thriller-drama series centres on Alma, a teacher whose relationship with her judge husband grows even more complex when she gets involved with a man named Dario. The public schools in Andalusia are above average, making it an attractive option for those who prioritize quality education. The Brenda Gantt Cookbook is priced at $34.95. To begin with, the couple had two children: Dallas Gantt and Hannah Gantt Merrell. The answers are there.. cemeteries found within kilometers of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. George Gantt was born George Patton Gantt on April 6, 1946, to Pollard Revenel Gantt and Edra May Worley Gantt. As mentioned earlier, Brenda Gantt came to the attention of netizens in 2020 after posting a video of herself baking biscuits. April 4, 2021. After being discharged from the Marines, George started his career in law enforcement. They feel discouraged. Hoffman Mediatook advance orders of the book and the first printing is already sold out. Your email address will not be published. September 23, 2018; his death). The page not only has a perfect 5-star rating, but also an incredible audience of 3.4 million followers. A post shared by Brenda Gantt (@cookingwithbrendagantt). According to the official description, the book features over a hundred of Gantts signature recipes for breakfast, dinner, and supper. George Gantt was born George Patton Gantt on April 6, 1946, to Pollard Revenel Gantt and Edra May Worley Gantt. George was a native of Andalusia, Alabama, and held a business degree from Livingston University. Buy on Amazon. Brenda is fairly close to her family and enjoys cooking for them regularly. After graduating, they tied the knot in 1968. How Erin French Started The Lost Kitchen. After he died I sorta wondered, What was my mission? She said that her family is supportive of what her mission has become. She went viral on Facebook in March of 2020 for her biscuit-baking video. He began his career in law enforcement as an agent for the Alabama Beverage Control Board. During his time in high school, he was an all-around athlete. And then I just cut up a few potatoes and onions and put some tomatoes in it, and it made a delicious soup., Ive been conservative all my life, and my husband was too, and I was raised that way and so was he, she said. While working for the government, he served as the head of the Law Enforcement Division in his area. Furthermore, Brenda helps drive local businesses in the rural Alabama town. He died of natural causes on September 23, 2018, at his home in Andalusia, by his beloved wife. You have chosen this person to be their own family member. Her book Its gonna be good yall has been released in two pasts, one at the end of 2021 and one at the end of 2022, both increasing Brenda Gantts net worth. To use this feature, use a newer browser. On September 23, 2018, Brenda Gantt was widowed when her longtime husband, George Gantt, passed away at the age of 72. This is not a time to be stifled or to feel defeated. Sorry! George was born on the 6th of April in Andalusia, Alabama. One day I was just cooking lunch, says Mrs. Gantt, And I thought, Well, Im just going to hold my phone up right here and Im going to get my biscuit bowl, and Im going to make these biscuits on my little Facebook and Im going to put it on there., My little 500 people I had on my Facebook, I guess they all shared it and they shared it and they shared it and within two weeks it had hit a million views, and I think right now its at 3-million views and America is making biscuits!. William Armstrong is a senior editor with H-O-M-E.org, where he writes on a wide variety of topics. If you notice a problem with the translation, please send a message to [emailprotected] and include a link to the page and details about the problem. After graduating from Tuscaloosa County High, she taught first in the Tuscaloosa County School System, then after moving from her hometown of Northport to her husbands home in Covington county, she taught school there until her retirement. With Georges passing, Brenda has become an advocate to help others who are dealing with vascular dementia. She is currently trying to help people everywhere learn how to cook through simple tutorials uploaded on Facebook. This came with an induction into the schools sports hall of fame. She has become my best friend who makes me smile just listening to her talk and laugh. This Southern home chef has become a Facebook sensation, inviting a hungry fanbase Gantt is a petite woman whose five grandchildren call Big Mama. Since then, Brenda has rarely slowed down, maintaining a solid social media presence while overseeing The Cottle House Bed & Breakfast. He was a great storyteller, captivating his audiences with fictional facts and factual fiction on a regular basis. Brenda Gantt Husband The late George Gantt is the husband of Brenda Gantt. Brenda Gantt gained worldwide popularity through her signature take on several classic Southern recipes. WebCooking with Brenda Gantt, Andalusia, Alabama. An accomplished antiquarian, people often sought his expertise from far and wide. When he was not pursuing his passions, George was pledging devotion to God. Brenda Gantt Wikipedia page is yet to exist. WebAfter a courtship through college, he and Brenda married in 1968, where after, George entered into service in the United States Marine Corps. On September 23, 2018, Brenda Gantt was widowed when her longtime husband, George Gantt, passed away at the age of 72. April 4, 2021. And at present, she lives in Andalusia, Alabama. (WBRC) - Brenda Gantt began her career as a teacher. Use Escape keyboard button or the Close button to close the carousel. Are you sure that you want to report this flower to administrators as offensive or abusive? Want to read. She has quite a few videos on her YouTube channel that went over 200k views, while her most popular one has over 300k views on YouTube alone. William and his family were well known in the area for their involvement in the timber, tobacco and cotton industries. She has single handedly run the Coddle House Bed & Breakfast she remodeled with her husband George before his death in 2018. The town was initially named Christine after a school teacher, but the name was eventually changed to Gantt to honor William. Through her online following alone, she helped local businesses thrive, and in some cases, stopped them from going out of business. Celebrating the Life of Brenda Grantts Veteran Husband, George. After graduating from Tuscaloosa County High, she taught first in the Tuscaloosa County School System, then after moving from her hometown of Northport to her husbands home in Covington county, she taught school there until her retirement. After graduating from Tuscaloosa County High, she taught first in the Tuscaloosa County School System, then after moving from her hometown of Northport to her husbands home in Covington county, she taught school there until her retirement. Aside from running Hickory Ridge Lodge and Sweetgum Bottom Antiques, George found plenty to do outside of his profession, and in retirement. Interestingly, hed also met his wife, and lifelong partner, Brenda, while attending the same institution. They had been married for 50 years since tying the knot in 1968. Hannah Gantt is married to District Attorney Walt Merrell. Required fields are marked *. Im one of the lonely widows who spends a great deal of my time watching Brenda on utube. Sweet and loveable grandma Brenda Gantt continues to make our lives a little tastier. He graduated from Andalusia High School in 1964, and then went on to Livingston University, where he obtained a degree in Business. Moreover, she was born and raised in Northport, Alabama. On September 23, 2018, Brenda Gantt was widowed when her longtime husband, George Gantt, passed away at the age of 72. WebBrenda Gantts husband, George, passed away in 2018 after the couple celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. Moreover, both their kids have their own family thus giving them five grandchildren. After being Honorably Discharged, George began his career in law enforcement as an Next, her video on buttermilk biscuit-making the third one she made went viral. After he died I sorta wondered, What was my mission? She said that her family is supportive of what her mission has become. Brenda has also released a cookbook in two parts, one at the end of 2021 and the other one towards the end of 2022. He retired as the Chief and Director of the Law Enforcement Division of the ABC Board and was Honorably Discharged. WebAfter a courtship through college, he and Brenda married in 1968, where after, George entered into service in the United States Marine Corps. Sadly, he passed away on September 28, 2018, at 72. Brenda Hicks maiden name is Gantt. Make sure that the file is a photo. Furthermore, she also has a business with her family, called The Cottle House Bed and Breakfast. Due to her incredible internet success, this business has also blown up in her hometown. After going viral, she kept up the hype and started hosting Cooking with Brenda Gantt. You can find most of her cooking videos on her Facebook page. George was born on the 6 th of April in Andalusia, Alabama. After he died I sorta wondered, What was my mission? She said that her family is supportive of what her mission has become. Subsequently, he enrolled in the Business program at Livingston University in Alabama. Throughout his illness, Brenda had been providing support and advice to others who were also struggling with dementia. They are just good ol Southern food like all of us like to eat, she said, like candied yams and dressing and dumplings and biscuits. A native of Andalusia, Alabama, Gantt graduated from Andalusia High School, class of 1964. This is a time where we can unleash all of our creativity, Daniels said. But Mother kept making macaroni and cheese for me over the years. During his tenure, he worked diligently to protect citizens from unlawful alcohol-related activities. Learn about how to make the most of a memorial. Moreover, Brenda personally sees her guests and prepares her famous recipes. It is basically a bundle of exclusive cooking tutorials. My prayer had always been that I would be a positive influence on the people that Im around, and I think that Hes helping me to make that so., (EDITORS NOTE Diana Chandler is Baptist Press senior writer. George had been suffering from vascular dementia for a number of years, and his death was a great loss to Brenda and her family. Many of her viewers enjoy her pleasing personality. You might also like our articles on the net worth of Joe Rogan, Izabela Stress, or JoJo Siwa. Additionally, he transitioned into a career in law enforcement and, eventually, business. It was just a matter of time before Andalusias own Brenda Gantt whose video on making biscuits went viral after she posted it in March started making appearances on national talk shows. The couples married life lasted 50 years before he left the world. The main income sources for Brenda Gantt are her Facebook and Youtube channels. She was born and raised in Northport, Alabama, where she earned her bachelors degree from Livingston State University. Former teacher, Chef, Social Media Personality. After being Honorably Discharged, George began his career in law enforcement as an No one, not the least Brenda, would have thought that the video would go viral and make her into an overnight sensation. Flowers added to the memorial appear on the bottom of the memorial or here on the Flowers tab. Brenda Gantt cookbook: Price and where to Buy? Beside this home is The Lodge, a small, oneroom, cozy cabin that she also rents. It now has 8 million views. Please enter your email address and we will send you an email with a reset password code. Failed to delete flower. Brendas success started with her posting a video on Facebook, in which she was baking homemade biscuits. His career and doing what made him happy were what the two of us aimed for. When she shops for groceries, she begins in the meat section, planning her menus around the cuts of meat offering the greatest bargain. The Necessity of Continuity for Inflection Points, Cover Your Noses: Eating Moldy Cheese May Result to Diarrhea, What to Do When a Pill Gets Stuck In Your Throat. On September 23, 2018, Brenda Gantt was widowed when her longtime husband, George Gantt, passed away at the age of 72. George was a native of Andalusia, Alabama, and held a business degree from Livingston University. My husband was rich and successful; he was a retired major general in the army. cemeteries found within miles of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. Moreover, he is the son of Edra May Worley and Pollard Revenel Gantt. 0 cemeteries found in Andalusia, Covington County, Alabama, USA. Nearly a year ago, 75-year-old Brenda Gantt made a how-to video from her home in Andalusia, Alabama about Easter egg dying. What Happens After A Credit Card Theft is Filed? You dont want to throw them out.. She was a retired 74-year-old school teacher when she went viral in 2020. I don't put it in the refrigerator. Your email address will not be published. She shops for groceries, cooks the food, strips the beds, does the laundry and other chores, spends time with guests and mows the lawn on There is 1 volunteer for this cemetery. We have set your language to My husband had vascular dementia and I took care of him, but it was very quick, she said. Drink or Dare: Fun Questions to Spice Up Your Game Night! George had a business degree from Livingston University and was a It was an unexpected turn of events since Brenda was baking for her family as a pastime. After being Honorably Discharged, George began his career in law enforcement as an He was a kind and loving man who, despite his many great accomplishments in life, was quick to tell anyone who asked that he was simply a sinner saved by the grace of his Lord and Savior, and who made it clear to even the most casual of observers that his faith and his family were the two most important things that he had.The family will receive visitors from 6 oclock PM until 8 oclock PM on Tuesday, September 25, 2018, at Foreman Brown Funeral Home in Andalusia. Your new password must contain one or more uppercase and lowercase letters, and one or more numbers or special characters. Verify and try again. For her education, she went to Tuscaloosa County High. Diana Chandler is Baptist Press senior writer. Remove advertising from a memorial by sponsoring it for just $5. Buy on Amazon. According to sources, George and Brenda have two children. Daniels said Gantt gives all glory to God, and directs people to trust and follow the Lord. Erin French is a well-recognizedRead More How Erin French Started The Lost Kitchen. On April 6, 1946, George Patton Gant was born in Andalusia. Meanwhile, shes approaching 700,000 Facebook followers and counting. All are welcome to attend and celebrate George's triumphant entry into his heavenly home. Aside from teaching, Brenda enjoyed cooking. Gantts husband, George, passed away in 2018. Additionally, he transitioned into a career in law enforcement and, eventually, business. Brenda Gantt is a retired American schoolteacher-turned-chef and internet personality. Gantts husband, George, passed away in 2018. The late George Gantt is the husband of Brenda Gantt. Then, she adds whatever she has in the pantry or refrigerator, stretching leftovers into fresh new dishes. Her audiences greatly enjoy her Southern-infused recipes like dumplings, fried chicken, sausage, baked beans, meatloaf, peanut brittle, etc. If you do not know your new account number you can contact. Despite her impressive age, Brenda has continued to keep a fast pace in her career, overseeing The Cottle House Bed & Breakfast while also being a popular international influencer. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Oops, something didn't work. cemeteries found in Andalusia, Covington County, Alabama, USA will be saved to your photo volunteer list. Her recipes are no secret, and she shows step-by-step how to make her recipes on her Cooking with Brenda Gantt Facebook videos. In my opinion, the Bibles got all the answers, and if we read it, we see what are the responsibilities of the children, we see the responsibilities of the father, the mother, she said. I think theyre just hungry for something that they dont know what it is, but its Jesus is what it is, Gantt told Baptist Press. Its extremely crunchy and you absolutely cannot eat (only) one of them., Lacy cornbread is among more than 100 recipes with color photos, homegrown stories, Gantts original artwork, grandmotherly advice and Scripture featured in Gantts debut book, Brenda Gantt Its Gonna Be Good, Yall.. We extend our deepest condolences to Brenda and her family during this difficult time and send our love and support during what must be an incredibly difficult period for them all. This is a carousel with slides. Shes also moved on from biscuits to instructional videos of other Southern staples: dumplings, sausage, fried chicken, barbecue baked beans, meatloaf and peanut brittle, just to name a few. This Southern home chef has become a Facebook sensation, inviting a hungry fanbase The former is married to Tuscaloosa native Anna. Please click the "Register" link below to create a new account. Rate this book. Gantt is a petite woman whose five grandchildren call Big Mama. Moreover, she worked as a teacher for over two decades before she decides to take a step back from the classroom. Not only did he serve as a deacon and deacon Chairman, he taught the same Sunday School class at Bethany Baptist Church in Heath, for 30 years. A man of many talents and equally as many passions, Gantt dabbled in many different things. Brendas grandchildren take after their late grandfather in that they are all athletically gifted. ). Family members linked to this person will appear here. 2023 Southern Baptist Convention. Furthermore, she also became a local celebrity, and her family-owned B&B, The Cottle House Bed & Breakfast, sees people far and wide stopping by for her famous dishes. He was conscripted into the US Marine Corps and honorably discharged. He is survived by his widow Brenda, their two children, and five grandchildren. Brenda Gantt keeps pace with the evolution of social networking apps and is currently developing an Instagram handle as well. The bottom line is this Brenda Gantt is NOT going to be asking me for biscuit advice! Both Facebook and YouTube pay around $10 per 1,000 views on average in the food and cooking niche, which adds up to quite a lot of money. After being Honorably Discharged, George began his career in law enforcement as an This Southern home chef has become a Facebook sensation, inviting a hungry fanbase The couple had celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary a month before. Please complete the captcha to let us know you are a real person. On September 23, 2018, Brenda Gantt was widowed when her longtime husband, George Gantt, passed away at the age of 72. Rate this book. Brenda Gantt Husband The late George Gantt is the husband of Brenda Gantt. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/215409293/george-patton-gantt. She had people she had never heard of requesting videos about her home cooking. Currently, Brenda hosts the Cooking with Brenda Ganttshow on Facebook and operates a B&B out of Andalusia called The Cottle House. The social media chef was born on November 1, 1946. To add a flower, click the Leave a Flower button. An email has been sent to the person who requested the photo informing them that you have fulfilled their request, There is an open photo request for this memorial.