Bastion, with less water absorption, keeps you fishing with confidence. Stretch: Stretchy line keeps tension better as you fight a fish. Silver Thread Fishing Line You'll never wonder if your line is lacking in strength. Make every holiday unforgettable! They are made using an extrusion process by melting and mixing nylon polymers and then pushing it through a die which forms the solid and round strand of monofilament. monsoonmultimedia.com researched and tested each model after developing silver thread fishing line. Abrasion resistance is zero, Reviewed in the United States on August 31, 2015. What do you suggest? Even with the added cost of buying spools of silver thread, which can be expensive due to its raw material costs, it often works out to be cheaper in the long run because it has a much longer lifespan than most modern lines. The line that we tested was a 20-lb variation, but the diameter of the line was fine and felt like an 8-lb test mono line. the whole line of FiiO products is basically used metal shells . Take the tag end of line from the spool, and run it down through the guide that is closest to the reel. I buy bulk spools so I can string up some of the other people that fish with me so they can experience how great this line actually is, Reviewed in the United States on September 20, 2019. Fishing line and lbs for salmon and steelhead? (492FT/164Yard/150M 8.0#) STRONG & SMOOTH FISHING LINE: Computer winding line makes jewelry string smooth and delicate, prevents clutter winding. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. So I figured it would work for topwater. Extra 2% off with coins. Silver Thread AN40 was developed with the stealth approach in mind. Get the best deals on Silver Thread Monofilament Fishing Fishing Lines & Leaders when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Any webcams showing shoreline ice buildups on Mille Lacs today? Our top pick: Gear Lobo- Gear for Epic Memories - Camping Tents Sleeping Bags Hammocks Stoves Cots Stackable Cots Cots for Two Air Mattresses Chairs For a Bad Back With Umbrellas With Coolers (2022) - Gear Lobo Copolymer fishing line offers the best of several worlds: stronger at thinner diameters, abrasion resistant, and highly sensitive to bites. Overall, though, silver thread fishing line remains a popular choice among experienced anglers who value its strength and longevity over other types of line even though newer materials offer superior visibility underwater and other features that may be attractive to novices in the sport. What Happened to Silver Thread Fishing Line? Designed with an incredibly small diameter, this line can really cover the distance. It sinks like a rock once it breaks surface tension which makes it very good for cranking or trolling rigs. Comments: Love to use this line as a shock leader when fishing braid. Japan, 1865-1948), decorator, stoneware, Black Iris glaze line with copper and silver electrodeposits, Museum Purchase: Lawrence Archer Wachs Fund and a generous gift from Judge and Mrs. Norman A . One of those tools is fishing line, which can be made from a variety of materials. The best fishing line I have ever used hands down. Top: Fishing Info #397963 - 10/18/04 12:41 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only! Pasted as rich text. Posts: 4033. The more choices you have, the easier it is to evaluate your preferences and choices. The best thing about Silverthread Excalibur is the line strength consistency from the beginning of the spool to the end fo the spool. Plus, because of the great abrasion resistance, you wont have to re-tie very often, even when you are bumping nasty cover. Also very good for jigging walleye if you dont want to go pure fluoro. From: Ron: VA, Comments:great line the best mono out there gamma berkley lucky craft spiderwire can not beat it no matter what. It's a quality copolymer line that sets the standards for all the rest. Silver Thread fishing line offers strength, castability and abrasion-resistance in a small-diameter, low-visibility copolymer and fluorocarbon line. Although it's not the only line I use I have had no problems with Silver Thread of any type. Make sure you receive a receipt for every online purchase you make. The Great Fishing Line Debate (Braid vs Mono vs Fluoro) The an40 is total crap. Reviewed in the United States on May 1, 2013. General Discussion Forum Amazon.com: Silver Thread Fishing Line Bagley ZAN20G03000 20 Lb Test Silver Thread An40 Copolymer Line 3000 Yd Gr 14826 Additional Info : Color Green,Silver If you're looking for a line to withstand the punishment big fish can dish out in heavy cover, this line is it. P-Line Original Copolymer Fishing Line 1/4# Spool. Nov 18, 2010. Silver Thread is a type of fishing line that is considered to be one of the best lines for use in saltwater and freshwater fishing. Still fine to use. Our list includes all of the silver thread fishing line products available today. - Tackle Warehouse Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Silver Thread AN40 Bulk Spook Fishing Line-3000 Yards (Silver, 10-Pound Test) at Amazon.com. It has been around for over 50 years and is known for its quality, reliability and durability. Did that most recent cold front throw you a curve ball? One of the great things about this debate, in particular, is that our newest team member, Mark, is a former professional bass angler and tackle store owner. . Strengh Castability Low Visibility Small Line Diameter Abrasion Resistance But as technology has advanced, and more modern options for fishing line have become available, the question arises do they still make silver thread fishing line? It kept pulling my spook under the water. Silver Thread fishing line comes in a variety of sizes and pound-tests, plus fluorocarbon and cold-water versions, each boasting more strength and durability than any other line on the market. You can expect a 6# line that's breaking in the 9# range spells confidence. Diameter: 0.3mm. Free from industrial dyes, and harmless to creatures in fish tanks. But beyond the type of line you use, you may also be wondering if fishing line has a shelf life and whether its something that needs to be regularly replaced. I also have some #30 in pink for leader use.. 12 # strong enough to catch this 50" barracuda in about a 8-10 knot current. Anybody else with Cedar trees lose branches this winter. Test 330 Yards. You can enhance your shopping experience by using online platforms. Silver Thread AN40 Green 6 lb. Copolymer Fishing Line - Walmart I Have used Silver Thread AN40 for years, primarily for trolling, and it just keeps doing the job. Abrasion resistance is zero. Posts: 144. I use about a 2ft leader. This factor will determine how durable and long-lasting your purchase will be. Like there fluro too. However, all braids are not created equal. Even if you are satisfied with your purchase, you should know what your rights are in the event of a problem. Silver Thread AN40 Bulk Spool Fishing Line-3000 Yards 37 $3722 FREE delivery Silver Thread Fluorocarbon Filler Spool Fishing Line-200 Yards 8 $1699 ($0.11/Ounce) $4.99 delivery Apr 21 - May 8 UNITIKA Line Silver Thread PE Top Water Game 150m 50Lb $2858 FREE international delivery UNITIKA Silver Thread Trout Leader FC 30m $1974 Home [www.ronstacklebox.com] Braided fishing line is a type of fishing line that is made up of a combination of thin strands of high-tech materials woven together tightly to create a strong, sturdy line. Don't have to leave the house to save money. Is Silver Thread fishing line still made? The 5 Best Fishing Lines of 2023 | Tested by GearLab Political Discussion: One Thread Only! | General Chatter 1: Fishing In general, fishing lines do not have an expiration date. The silver thread was made from a combination of silver-plated copper, brass, and other metals that were braided together to create a strong yet flexible line. Privacy Statement. Read More, A Simple Line Tip: Switch to Silver Thread Fluorocarbon, Alton Jones explains how and why a punch skirt works well in Florida, Alton Jones Zeroes in on Suspended Bass, Schoolers for Success in Fall Transition, Q&A with Alton Jones: I Feel That God Called Me to Be in This Sport. Check Price on Amazon: P-Line Original Copolymer Fishing Line 300 YD Filler Spool. Fishing enthusiasts have been using silver thread fishing line for centuries. If you still have questions or concerns, please dont hesitate to contact us. Different Types of Fishing Line Explained - FishingBooker Blog Good stuff, very good value. Make sure you ve got enough high quality line for years of fishing with EBSCO SIlver Thread AN40 Bulk Fishing Line. Before making a purchase, you have several options. For most of my steelhead fishing I use Fireline invisibraid 10lb as my main line and trylene professional florocarbon for leader material in 6lb or 8lb. As a result of reading this post, you will be able to make a more informed decision about silver thread fishing line. Silver Thread Fishing Line was once one of the most popular fishing lines available to anglers. 4. Perfect for hanging balloons, garlands, party decorations, hang ornaments and more, Convenient to Store Clear fishing string is winding in the plastic roller to keep the clear twine neat and ready to use when you remove the cover, Wide Application This thin fishing line is suitable for various craft projects, beading, sewing, quilting, jewelry making and outdoor or indoor hanging decorations. This item: Clear Fishing Line, Nylon Monofilament Fishing Wire Strong Fly Line Backing Craft DIY Tool $4.99 ($0.02/Foot) 100Pcs 260 Balloons White Long Balloons for Balloon Garland Thickening Skinny Latex Twisting Balloon for Animals Modeling Christmas Birthday Wedding Party Decorations $7.99 ($0.08/Count) IDO Free shipping on many items . Silver Thread Monofilament Fishing Fishing Lines & Leaders There are so many options available that making the right choice can be challenging. You will spend more time fishing than you will fighting twisted and tangled line. I really like fishing in this game, I already started fishing in tier 6 BZ (rn i am tier 5 in fishing)! Ill try to find a 300 yard spool and give it a try, thanks all. Over the years, Stren has developed various types of fishing line, from monofilament to fluorocarbon and braided lines. What I do know is that it does cast smooth and long & has extremely low memory right off of the shipping spool. Why It Made the Cut: Berkley Trilene XL is the best mono fishing line on the market and also the most forgiving.Originally introduced in 1972, it has stood the test of time. Additionally, because silver thread is so strong and elastic compared to modern materials like monofilament or fluorocarbon liners, it takes more force to break when snagged on an underwater obstacle meaning that you could lose more gear if a snag occurs than with a less durable material. Ice Fishing Rods, Combos, and Accessories, Ice Fishing Shelters, Parts and Accessories, Tools, Wrappers, Epoxy, Finishes and Accessories, Winding Checks, Gimbals, Ferrules and Butt Caps, Eagle Claw - Wright / McGill Fishing Rods, Blow Out Special Scientific Anglers Fly Rod Combos, Lure & Jig Making, Jig Molds, Components & Accessories, Terminal Tackle, Hooks, Bobbers, Jig Molds, American Fishing Wire Swivels and Snelled Hooks, Daiichi, Mr. Crappie,Tru-Turn & XPoint Hooks, American Fishing Wire Leader and Accessories, Tackle Boxes - Bait Storage - Casting Nets - Traps, Bait-Shellfish Traps, Worm Food and Storage, Cortland Fly Line, Leaders, Tippets, and Backing, Boating, Trolling, Downriggers, and Accessories, Planner, Planner Reels, Trolls, Divers, Snubbers, Silver Thread AN40 Fishing Line Filler Spools, Silver Thread Super Fishing Line 330yd Spools, Silver Thread Super Fishing Line Clear 3000yd Spools, Silver Thread Excalibur Bulk Spools Fishing Line. My primary line since the 90s. It has stretch, but not as much as pure mono. NPS Fishing - Silver Thread Super Silver Thread Bulk Spools