Well come back as soon as we can and tell you whats next. Because I didn't record that. The caller wants to know why, with so much clearly broken in America right now, the revolution hasnt happened yet. I have Brett out here. These guys actually said good things and posted some of the [fan-filmed videos]. Rich talks about Madeline flitchs Stay and Fight while Jasmyne Keimig talks about Sally Rooenys Normal People. The one thing I'm grateful of is that our friends never changed. Hubby and I had some years of financial hardship before it got better. The president is maybe a Russian agent? They know about all the effort that went in it. After that, actor Jussie Smollett says he was the victim of a terrible hate crime in Chicago, but his claim has yet to be confirmed by investigatorsand actually seems to be unraveling. Quite a lot to talk about this week, and Rich Smith, Katie Herzog, and Eli Sanders dive right in with a list of new lows that Ryan sunk to this year before bailing out. (Oh, and then a vacationing Rich Smith drunk dials in with some news from the millennial mind!) Also, Rich Smith on the massive college cheating scandal, Chase Burns on Elizabeth Warrens plan to break up Big Tech, and Jasmyne Keimig on the profoundly upsetting revelations about Michael Jackson in Leaving Neverland. Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo. Mayor Pete and Sen. Elizabeth Warren are biting into his lead. Not with the whole band. Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo. Privacy Policy. Dan Savage, Eli Sanders, and Rich Smith talk about the mass shootings in Dayton and El Paso, Trumps role in them, and whether well now, finally see some Congressional action on common sense gun laws. What does it MEAN, Melania? Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo. For a limited time, Postmates is giving you $100 of free delivery credit for your first 7 days. The Mueller hearings were in process as Dan Savage, Eli Sanders, and Rich Smith sat down to talk about what it all might mean or whether the Mueller hearings will mean anything at all at this point. Eli Sanders, Rich Smith, and Katie Herzog consider what it all meansand whether itll be enough to start an impeachment process. Before the Vermont Senator hunkered down this week in Nevada for a series of get-out-the-vote rallies, he helped rallies in a few working class west coast cities. Then, Bernie Sanders. After that, Mitch McConnells is going to use the nuclear option (again) to help Trump pack the federal courts and Trump, after promising (yet again) to repeal Obamacare, now says he has a secret plan to replace it with something betterbut will only reveal his secret plan after hes reelected. After all that, Katie Herzog joins in to talk about Melania Trumps Be Best campaign and a grim story from New York: the downfall of Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, whos been a prominent foe of accused sexual predators like Harvey Weinstein but is now himself accused of violence against women. Does the world really need Hillary Clinton, Michael Bloomberg, John Kerry, or some other presidential wannabe to enter this already crowded race? Will this shredding of a core Trump myth change anything at all? And the Emmy nominations are out! "So I'm more anxious for people to hear it than I am selling a million records or whatever. The writer claims that an unelected group called the steady state is secretly preventing Trump from blowing up the country. Eli Sanders, Katie Herzog, and Rich Smith talk about what two nights of Democratic presidential candidate debates taught us. He thinks that her behaviour stems from jealousy. And for the guy in the Hollywood Hills, for his facials, his manicures No, I'm not gonna play for that. ), and tell us about ourselves. Spoiler: Groovers post highlighted an important, outrageous, and demoralizing truth about how unaffordable life in America has become for low-wage earners. Everything felt fine. Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving in advance because we'll be off next week! He wrote a rant on Facebook. . The aftermath concerning Blabbermouth Part 2, Scan this QR code to download the app now. After that: John Bolton is out of the Trump administration, Marianne Williamson it out of the next Democratic debate, and Trump is editing the weather with a Sharpieso everythings gonna be just fine! Blabbermouth is a weekly Stranger podcast in which Dan Savage, Eli Sanders, and Rich Smith dive into the latest national news and stickiest cultural debates. In a new interview with Meltdown of the WRIF radio station, GREAT WHITE guitarist Mark Kendall spoke about his working relationship with Brett Carlisle, who was officially named the band's new vocalist last October. Also: the author an anonymous New York Times op-ed from 2018 that chronicled dysfunction within the Trump administration is now publishing a book (also anonymously). Katie explains why the disappearance of Backpage is bad for sex worker safety, explores the dilemma of how best to combat human trafficking online, and explains what Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act has to do with all this. 'Cause he lives in Alabama, I'm in L.A., so I have to fly him out. We're kind of busy [playing shows] for the next couple of months. ", He continued: "I'm sure we'd do things differently [today] I mean, I know we would. Eli Sanders, Dan Savage, and Rich Smith tackle a question thats gained even more urgency in the last week: What is wrong with Donald Trump? Finally, Tax Day has come and gone but a recent column from Sarah Vowell is still with us. I wonder if I did right by helping them out. But I was getting creative, I think, because I knew the music so well. After that, a look at this weeks special election in Montana and a dive into the right-wing conspiracy theory that actually caused FOX News to issue a rare retraction this week. You needn't detest shopping for clothes any longer! A wide-ranging, often-testy discussion of all the issues you need to know about in order to pose as an informed, productive member of society! "The show is listener supported. Eli Sanders, Rich Smith, and Katie Herzog look into the latest Republican scare-talk: Democratic mobs. Then its on to something that's actually, truly scary: the new climate change warnings from a panel of UN scientists. What Happened? "Talkin' Slayer" weekly episodes begin May 2, to commemorate the tenth anniversary of the death of Jeff Hanneman, SLAYER's co-lead guitarist, songwriter, and most acclaimed lyricist. Finally, Jasmyne Keimig explains why she loves the HBO show High Maintenance and Katie, who also loves the show, tells us what High Maintenance signals for national marijuana law reform. And I feel bad for Dave to this day; I really feel bad for him because he shot himself in the foot. We also made a savings plan and I helped them budget (I do that as a volunteer for an organisation that helps people in debt). Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo. After that, a not totally fond farewell to Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris, who dropped out of the race this week shortly after The New York Times declared her campaign had already unraveled and long after people like Rich had already declared that Harris was a cop. And finally, Jasmyne Keimig and Chase Burns join in on a discussion of two movies worth seeing: Atlantics on Netflix and A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood in theaters. What does it mean? In this Blabbermouth extra, recorded live at Seattles Neptune Theatre on March 27, Eli Sanders sits down Preet Bharara. And finally, Jasmyne Keimig and Chase Burns listen to two calls about shows you should (or maybe shouldnt) be watching, and then tell us about their experience watching a preview of Quentin Tarantinos new movie, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Once you're logged in, you will be able to comment. In May 2022, GREAT WHITE announced that it had parted ways with singer Mitch Malloy and had replaced him with Freeman. Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo. And, as we already know, theres no shortage of handsy Biden photos and videos out there from his long period in the public eye. Last week Katie, Dan, and Eli all had mostly positive things to say about the show. The 9th Democratic debate takes place in Las Vegas this Wednesday, only three days before the Nevada caucuses. And I don't have any animosity towards those guys at all, and I don't think they do towards me. She is such a sweet lady and has done so, so much for us. Eli Sanders, Rich Smith, and Katie Herzog consider the potential presidential candidacy of Howard Schultz, the former Starbucks CEO who may run in 2020 as an independent. After that, Dan, Eli, and Rich sift through the news about Jared Kushners newly revealed role in Russia-gate (and process Richs attraction to Kushners shiny visage). Dan Savage, Eli Sanders, and Katie Herzog admit that every once in a long while, they find a thing or two to agree with in Trumps tweetsof which there were 28 this past Sunday. They want to go to the shows and hear the songs the way they remember them, the way they know them. In Eli Sanderss absence, Rich Smith asks Dan Savage and Katie Herzog about what Muellers really trying to squeeze out of Manafort. Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo. After that, Chase Burns dives into a fascinating and rather upsetting report in The Verge about The Secret Lives of Facebook Moderators. The lives in question are pretty dark, and they raise a lot of urgent issues about Facebook and digital platforms in general. A short time later, HATEBREED frontman Jamey Jasta, who hosts a popular video podcast called "The Jasta Show" and who co-produced Fisher's upcoming debut solo album, replied: "come on the podcast & discuss". Plus the movie Moonlight and why it's a kind of necessary escape this week. What to do? Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo. Finally, Chase and Jasmyne gush over two great, gay romances playing in a cinema near you. And speaking of gay rights Should Ellen DeGeneres have been palling around in a fancy sky box at a Dallas Cowboys football game with former President George W. Bush, who opposed gay marriage? According to Hubby this started in childhood and has continued into adulthood. And in a way, SLAYER's career as artists is more comparable to an athletic team or a workplace drama. Watch: EXTREME's NUNO BETTENCOURT Performs 'Rise' Guitar Solo Live For First Time, METALLICA's KIRK HAMMETT Is Almost Nine Years Sober, Watch: TOM MORELLO Performs At WAYNE KRAMER's 75th-Birthday Party. Its also a lot. After all that, Chase Burns is back to talk about the beautiful human communication in the new film BPM (Beats Per Minute) and what we should do about the ugly, violence-inciting human communication thats now pervasive on social media. Finally, Chase Burns and Eli talk again about their personal odysseys in a world thats been eaten by Facebook. SLAYER is a band of brothers which doesn't mean they're best friends. And then: Who was right during last weeks argument between Rich and Katie over how to actually persuade hard-core Trumpers? Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo. Then, Charles Mudede on some really good resistance news out of California. Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo. Dan Savage, Eli Sanders, and Rich Smith give you all the ammunition youll need for your Thanksgiving table political arguments, plus a Twitter-launched image you wont be able to get out of your mind: a bare-chested, boxing-glove-clad Donald Trump. I used to throw the guys in the band for a loop when I would create a really bizarre drum roll. The Blabbermouth crew puts their heads together and talks about why the new rule is racist and bad. Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo. Like, seriously, if I see a big crowd of people that everyone's smiling, like, 'Oh, yeah! Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo. Finally, Chase Burns helps us navigate a controversy over Chance the Rapper, MTV, and how one should respond to negative reviews (with an assist from the wisdom of Ru Paul). After you played something for so long, "I read once that Mick Jagger said, 'God, I wish we would have written that song 'Satisfaction' a little better if I knew we were gonna play it for [almost 60] years.' Its a new anti-capitalist movie by Boots Riley, and its excellent. ", "Talkin' Slayer" logo by Jason Shenk of Midwestern Authenticity Consultants. And that's all I'm there for that feeling, that sharing of energy, man. This version of the book adds a new chapter about the band's final release, last concert, and opaque breakup. Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo! They're cellphone cameras, so the quality probably isn't But you can hear it. Also: that hand slap! My idea is already the greatest.' (Get me a Coke! included.) After that, Lester Black and Katie Herzog respond to listener concerns about how we described Americas vape-related illness outbreak on the last episode of Blabbermouth. I did apologize to MIL for losing my cool but not for the message. Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo. Dan Savage is back and talks with Eli Sanders and Katie Herzog about a couple of uplifting political stories for a change! After that, Katie Herzog assesses the Republicans latest attempt to dismantle Obamacare and the wild turn in the Jussie Smollett case. Lester also gives us an update on the latest developments in the nationwide outbreak of vaping-related illness. Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo. That she should be happy with the things that were given to her and her children. Eli Sanders, Katie Herzog, and Rich Smith talk about Nancy Pelosis decision to jump aboard the ITMFA train and open a formal impeachment inquiry into President Trumps lawless behavior. Once you're logged in, you will be able to comment. After that, Hillary Clintons claim that nobody like Bernie Sanders (um, has she met Rich?) Iran then fired missiles at US bases in Iraq in response, and nowat least for the momentTrump is talking peace. What??? Dan Savage is back, and he joins Eli Sanders and Katie Herzog to talk about President Trumps racist tweets, Nancy Pelosis response, the clout of The Squad, and whether its finally, truly time for impeachment. After that, Rich has a few words for Elon Musk and his mini-submarine, as well as a book recommendation with a super calming title: My Year of Rest and Relaxation. We do. She tells Dan and Eli all about it. (Oh, and then a vacationing Rich Smith drunk dials in with some news from the millennial mind!) After that, Rich Smith explains what the Iowa caucus disaster means for the Democrats, whether Bernie or Buttigieg or someone else really won, and what Bloomberg is up to. To report spam or any abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist, homophobic or threatening comments, or anything that may violate any applicable laws, use the "Report to Facebook" and "Mark as spam" links that appear next to the comments themselves. Finally, with Mothers Day upon us Angela Garbes reads from her new book, Like a Mother: A Feminist Journey Through the Science and Culture of Pregnancy. Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo! Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo. (Or does it actually mean the fever is still spiking and voters now really, really hate anyone who, like Kucinich, has Congressman connected to their name?) 9:00 AM PDT. Tucker Carlson has left Fox News. Because when you are on tour and playing the same songs month after month, year after year, it becomes a little redundant. Finally, at the urging of a Blabbermouth listener, Rich and Eli talk about the Netflix series Flint Town, and then Katie Herzog, turning toward a very different cultural phenomenon, talks about the plague of emotional support animals. Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo! The new edition of the book includes updated career statistics, revised chapters, and a visual redesign. Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo. This episode is brought to you by Quip. Finally, Chase Burns gets riled up about the new movie Cats and Jasmyne Keimig explains why she loved Little Women (and why its not just for women, dudes). What debt-related ad did Rich get caught clicking on? I love podcasts. I was going through a little bit of the same thing with my own drum parts," Dave admitted. That sometimes-girl is me, Forrest! President Trump is celebrating by having tanks driven through DC in an epic waste of taxpayer dollars, which raises the forever question: Whos the best candidate to replace this guy? Theyll give you some tips and tricks for getting through the next one. And former fighter pilot Amy McGrath wins in Kentucky! Finally, Dan and Eli are not afraid to ask: Who was Chris Cornell? So we gave him a call to see if he was interested and he was more than happy to. After that, a battle royale over the recent unrest at The Evergreen State College, which is being held up nationally as the latest example of liberal campus intolerance and the rise of mob discourse. Finally, last weeks episode was apparently a triumphant one for Rich Smith: one caller believes Rich was, for the first time, correct about something last week, and another caller confesses to a voice crush on Rich and asks Rich to read him a poem. If you're not, we need to do something about that.' She is also facing charges of defamation, instigating violence and harrassment. After that, Nathalie Graham talks about the one-year anniversary of Christine Blasey Fords testimony against Brett Kavanaugh, plus a new book from the New York Times reporters who broke the Harvey Weinstein story. Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo. Episode 1 describes how Hanneman influenced the band's career, art, and overall trajectory. (Becoming the first black woman in history to be a major partys choice for governor.) After that, The Strangers print editor, Christopher Frizzelle, and Chase Burns step into the podcast room to discuss the mysteries surrounding a tragic death in the kink community. When do you stand and fight, and when do you say it's time to work on escape plans? So, yeah, that's it. HuffPost writer Michael Hobbes joins in to explain why, as he wrote earlier this year, Americas defining divide isnt right vs. left. The sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh keep piling up, with the latest stomach-churning claim landing just as we sat down to record this weeks show. I mean, it's a big crowd. Good luck, Chase! For that matter, how did our esteemed, and often elderly members of Congress do investigating social media? Finally, Jasmyne Keimig and Chase Burns talk about what happened at the Golden Globes, what it all means, and what errors and omissions need to be corrected before February's Oscars. Newly updated, the third edition is titled "Slayer 66 & 2/3: A Metal Band Biography, Postmortem Remastered Edition". After that, Rich talks about what it was like to meet and talk with Elizabeth Warren after she drew the largest crowd of her campaign (15,000 people!) Conor Lamb, a super-moderate Democrat, appears to have won a previously safe Republican House seat in Pennsylvania by just a few hundred votes. He said: "I just didn't like being around them, because I was being ridiculed, and I just didn't feel comfortable being in the same room with people that weren't very nice to me personally. After that, Eli Sanders, Rich Smith, and Katie Herzog talk about whether Democrats are really showing enough spine in trying to stop Kavanaugh, and what more they can really do without a Senate majority. But is this soft rollout what the ITMFA crowd is hoping? SLAYER formed in Los Angeles in 1981. Next, the same crew mulls over the FBI inspector generals newly released report on the Mueller investigations. I did it for too many years, and I held my breath. They talk about Bernies appeal, and, for the umpteenth (and final?) You guys have been on the same business plan after 30 years. Eli Sanders, Rich Smith, and Katie Herzog try to process all their feelings about James Comey. Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo. Nothing against them, but you know what I'm saying he just looks like a dude in our band. Also: Trumps toxic rhetoric, his terrible response to the Pittsburgh massacre, his dumb talk of shredding the Constitution when it comes to birthright citizenship, and his nonsense argument for sending thousands of troops to the US-Mexico border just as Americans are voting. We said 'At this point, no. She is trying to deny everything that happened and even tries to blame us. Is it awesome? Is that so? When we were rehearsing, he seemed to do a 180 and said some things that kind of upset me and Kerry. If a new comment is published from a "banned" user or contains a blacklisted word, this comment will automatically have limited visibility (the "banned" user's comments will only be visible to the user and the user's Facebook friends). Dan Savage, Katie Herzog, and Rich Smith, who steps in as host while Eli Sanders is out on vacation, have lived through a few of these economic downturns. You need to know what it is before you watch any more political videos in the run-up to the 2020 elections. They did it. Rich explains why hes all in for Team Inslee. We are trying to get one for at least a year, maybe 2 if that's possible. I think that everyone knows certain things about everything and they'd like to see things a certain way, and that wouldn't portray things a certain way that they would wanna portray them. I don't really like to do that. I'm playing bass. This week Elis reporting about Facebook and political ads led to a major lawsuit against the company, while Chases job promoting posts with political content got a lot harder. Amber Cortes is back to talk with Rich Smith and Eli Sanders about this weeks explosive Russia-Trump news: apparently Donald Trump Jr. was not just ready to collude with Russia, he also e-mailed about it! Dan Savage, Eli Sanders, and Rich Smith skip through the most recent Trumpian incoherencewhich we really cant take any more of until after Labor Dayand then talk about something far less dire but far more interesting: bed bugs. I'm going for finished songs; I'm finishing the songs, and playing them for the band. And they refused to do anything they didn't want to. Finally, Jefferey Epstein. Then Katie Herzog celebrates the supposedly patriotic gift that Michael Cohens giving America this Fourth of July. A wide-ranging, often-testy discussion of all the issues you need to know about in order to pose as an informed, productive member of society! After that: Amber takes Rich and Eli on a tour of important news items that are getting buried beneath the riveting spectacle of Trumps downward spiral. Things like, oh, a worldwide cycber-attack that might be traced to North Korean sleeper cells, torch-weidling Nazis marching in Virginia, and Attorney General Jeff Sessions telling US prosecutors to seek the harshest-possible sentences whenever possible. President Trumps former fixer Michael Cohen delivered hours of public testimony to the House Oversight Committee this week, and in doing so he clearly implicated the president in at least one crime. Plus: A tour through a magical listdrawn up by Republicans!of all the things Democrats are likely to investigate if they retake control of the House in November. I mean, the world's changed so much that we wanna talk to a lot of people and see what the best way to do that is. Plus, as always, the music of Ahamefule J. Oluo. The 10-song effort was co-produced by Nick Bellmore (DEE SNIDER, KINGDOM OF SORROW) and Jasta and will be made available through Jamey's new label, Perseverance Music Group. Dan Savage, Eli Sanders, and Rich Smith talk about why this isnt even news anymore. Blabbermouth and BIL are not allowed contact in any way, not even through a third party. Which way will the two Trump-appointed justices vote? To do so, click the downward arrow on the top-right corner of the Facebook comment (the arrow is invisible until you roll over it) and select the appropriate action. FIL thought it might.Hubby and I think her behaviour is twofold. After that, Katie Herzog on the alarming new UN climate report and whether the Impossible Burger might just save humanity. Then, the nationwide focus on vaping-related illnesses. "They really liked their niche market, and they didn't wanna stray too much. Finally, Katie Herzog addresses the furor over her rant on last weeks show about Emotional Support Animals in general, and dogs on planes in particular.
Fellsmere Police Department, Builders Certificate Of Completion, Articles W