No run down properties, extremely low crime, beautiful woods and lakes. Police received a series of 199 calls before midnight on Friday, reporting that there were shots fired near 216 Walnut Street in Lawrence. Plus, no one will suspect you of any sort of criminal behavior so long as the guy down the street is driving the shadiest orange rape van youve ever seen, Theres plenty of alleys to smoke crack in, A vibrant downtown, filled with growing industry, Great neighborhoods for kids to play hopscotch in. Bad tattoos, teen/wedlock pregnancies, bad teeth, everything galore! Im sad to see such decline in the state, which still holds so much natural beauty. All six victims were taken Get updated from the latest posts straight to your mailbox! The first photo of the white house with the red star on top? So elaborate that its too elaborate. This article is 10/+ humor. I bet youre chomping at the bit for some warm weather so you can take your daily swim in the Merrimack River. Firefighters were called to Broadway and Canal streets after flames broke out on the top floor of the 6-story building for commercial use and storage. Every house looks like theres no possible way it could pass a home inspection. I know several towns on this list. The district is emerging from receivership and moving back toward local control, led by Cynthia Paris, the first Latina superintendent in the citys history. The only thing I can say about the Lowell piece is that your pictures of abandoned old mill buildings are actually high end lofts that have a very long wait list to get into (Appleton Mills for reference). Liars. Discover your neighborhood's best match, anywhere. Theres Springfield which is pretty much its own level of Hell and then theres the other three. It was higher than in 66.4% U.S. cities. I currently reside in Ware, not on the lake but less than a 1/4 mile from some of the streets you portrayed. Additional Resources: Looks like you were in Liberty Heights. There is a 175.6% chance you made this story up. Boston ranks as the #124 safest out of 320 major cities over 100,000 people in the United States based on our analysis of the latest FBI Crime Data. Worcester had about one murder per month in 2020, giving it the 15th highest murder rate statewide. At last, a website that mixes snippets from the sports world with witty news commentary like Barstool Sports squeezed out a turd and slapped a .com at the end. Problem is we need at least a hundred of these Apple facilities to even dent this issue. Education: The Lawrence Public Schools, which were performing so poorly in 2011 that they were the first district in Massachusetts history to be placed in state receivership, have become a national model for turning around struggling urban school districts. Give it a year or two and itll have that Southbridge look to it, but South Main is already there. I live in Adams and I gotta say you managed to find the very few areas in town that one could declare dumpy. For example, the condominiums you photographed have recently been completely renovated in the last few years and look amazing inside. Ill tell you what pick a nice area of Springfield, Lawrence, or Holyoke, and then go for a walk there at 11 PM. All of these towns have nice areas you just chose to illustrate the bad areas for a stupid webpage. Those textile mills were closed long before President Obama could spell the word President. A bunch ofwannabe Mickey Wards roaming the streets with no purpose, Random houses with doors wide open for anyone to walk into. The disturbing crime statistics include 58 murders and 184 sexual assaults. Lawrence, MA Royal Street Shooting Leaves 1 Dead, 5 Injured - NECN Lawrence if the officialwinnerof Turtleboys dump tour 2015. As the Boston Feds president and CEO, Eric Rosengren, explained to a business roundtable in 2012, Resurgent cities have developed a vision for progress that has the shared support of the entire community and a variety of leaders., In other words, when it comes to leading positive change for struggling cities, there is no i in team.. Worcester is okay. and thats in Roxbury, Hyde Park, Dorchester, Southie, Charlestown, East Boston, and where we visited Mattapan. We sent multiple people to check out over 50 towns and cities and we all came to a consensus as to which were the dumpiest based on the photographs. It was recently closed and re-done. Worcester has its faults too, but it is at least nicer than Fitchburg. The latest reporting year from the FBI was 2020.Is Boston, MA a dangerous city?No, Boston is not a dangerous city. In their report, the Fed found a few expected ingredientshigher levels of education among residents, hospitals and universities as anchor institutions, transportation hubs such as shipping ports or train stationsand one crucial element that turned out to be most important of all: civic leadership and collaboration.

No, Massachusetts is not a dangerous state as it ranks as the #9 safest state in the United States based on our analysis of the latest FBI Crime Data. I lived in Worcester for a year. One blatant omission though..the steaming hot pile of shit, where no one speaks English.Methuen. Your chance of being a victim of violent crime in Lowell is 1 in 303 and property crime is 1 in 74. It has all of the elements of a craptacular existence. It's not all bougie Harvard graduates and snobby Celtics fans, either. Our nationally-comparable school ratings are covered under US Patent No. Learn more about the safest places in Massachusetts. We can only pray they have enough security at the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art, the largest museum of its class in the country. You enjoy having a new tree in your yard! This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. And the kid on the bike was wearing a white tank top undershirt youre the one who called it a wifebeater. But there is a bigger shinning star on this list. Then ran in his car and drove off. Is Lawrence dangerous to walk at night? Its funny because every bit of it is 100% true. If those are the only people you know in Lowell I can kind of guess why youre coming up here. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. We just hope nobody tries to pull a heist on the local Berkshire Museum. Date(s) & Update Frequency: So think about your next chines ipad, xbox, smart watch, whatever it is you dont need and think about any one of these impoverished towns and picture Apple with a facility employing 60,000 people in any of these towns and how that would change the big picture. Maybe next time you come up this way maybe bring a positive attitude and you might just see all the beauty you obviously missed. They attend a strange church in our town, which is a 35 or 40-minute drive for them (why they quit their old church? Congratulations Lawrence, you are the dumpiest city in Massachusetts. Relative to Massachusetts, Lawrence has a crime rate that is higher than 87% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes. Yeah, they drive around with in a truck with cameras on top taking pictures all around and have bazillion dollar satellites in space, with pictures of everything. Any ties went to the smaller city. I discovered this when up into recently I was with a woman from that vortex of EBT corner stores and drug use above Boston Everett, Sagus, Revere, Lynn, Chelsea, Malden and Melrose should lumped into on bit pit that makes Worcester look pretty classy And yes Melrose, Freaking MELROSE Melrose thinks they are a little yuppy enclave and so better than the neighbors a mile or so away each direction when in fact they are just the freaking customers for all the dealers in Malden and many of the people spending their SSI and EBT money along Revere beach in the warmers months while the rest of us work . Boston ranks as the #124 safest out of 320 major cities over 100,000 people in the United States based on our analysis of the latest FBI Crime Data. Maybe Massachusetts' just needs a hug? All the more reason to lock your car in secluded areas, like when you're going for a walk at Ames Nowell State Park. Population: 40,002Rank Last Year: 1 (No Change)Violent Crimes Per 100k: 904 (Second most dangerous)Property Crimes Per 100k: 3,114 (Most dangerous)More on Holyoke: |Cost Of Living|Crime Report. A recent ride through Ware left me with my jaw dropped. Woostah Editah be proud! I would much rather it stay that way than the opposite. Come up with some original material, anyone can quote lines from movies. it is the combined forces of several identical towns mention or given honorable mentions that are really one big dump. North Adams is the big city up in northern Berkshire county, and is an honorable mention for this list. Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky, and Popeo, P.C. Considering how the rest of the town does not look as such, Id say your photographer did a poor job researching.. April 30, 2023 / 12:43 PM / CBS Boston. The Rive also has the highest concentration of satellite dishes in a concentrated area: Some guys chilling in cut off denim jackets, Speaking of places to score some drugs, Webster is like Grafton Hill with a big ass lake. Lowell sucks. Its sad to see the finger pointing and jokes. HOLYOKE REPRESENT! SHAMEFUL. Note the latest reporting year from the FBI was 2020 and that no city in America is 'dangerous'. Lol theold rundown mills in Athol that you pictured is the 260 million dollar LS Starrett Company. But, as such, you'll have to contend with a high crime rate. The article and all of your comments are accurate, there are shitty, decrepit, drug riddled spots in almost every town of MA. Compare Lowell crime data to other cities, states, and neighborhoods in the U.S. on NeighborhoodScout. John Delaney To Apologize For Mentioning Facts, Warren Panty-Thief Gets Ass Beat After Breaking Into Home And The Homeowner Is The One In Jail, THE INFORMATION #846 JULY 24, 2015 | dimenno, Fake List Of 10 Worst Places To Live In Massachusetts Is The Worst Ripoff Of Turtleboy Sports To Date, Child Sex Offender Somehow Goes On Revere Church Field Trip Without Anyone Noticing, 37 Year Old Fall River Grandmother Kills A Dude Over $50, Revere Beach Brawl Savages Prove That Revere Is Dumpier Than Worcester, Brockton High School Hippies Walked Out Of Class Because It's Racist When You're Punished For Breaking Rules, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holyoke,_Massachusetts, Krock Family Throwing Cash At Worcseter Mayor Joe Petty So They Can Make Worcester Look Like A Dump, Bootleg Ayanna Pressley Says Every Black Student At UMass Got This Insanely Racist Email, If Youre Out On Bail For Killing Your Girlfriend You Probably Shouldnt Smear Her As A Drunk On WINY Radio Facebook Page. As the Christian Science Monitor reported last March, Riveras move was already being imitated by Kansas City, Missouri, and Olympia, Washington, with other cities eyeing similar ways to aid residents, while reducing traffic congestion and pollution at the same time. Sorry if I misconstrued your post. I have lived in Western MA my entire life, even IN some of the towns listed here. Between the crime, drugs and people screwing the governments assitance programs, i think its safe to say that worcester is as shitty as everyone perceives it to be. Nice reporting champ. It was a major textile producer in the 18th and 19th centuries. What did your mom get you a camera for Christmas, so you decided to drive around random cities giving inaccurate assessments. End Rant. No word of lie. Merrimack and Canal streets are gutted . Lowells a shithole. For more Massachusetts reading, check out: For the third year running, Holyoke takes the top spot on our list of Massachusetts' most dangerous cities. On the plus side for Charlemont, you can get away to Mohawk Trail State Park, which is beautiful and a great place to take that someone special camping by Cold River. I am 50yrs old and many of these factories have been closed 30 years or more. As a lifelong Worcester resident I admit that Worcester is a dump and is getting worse, but the difference is that none of the places on this list have any redeeming qualities like Worcester does (except Boston for obvious reasons). The other 16 years of my life were spent in eastern CT. This means that for comparably sized cities all across America, Lawrence is actually safer than most according to NeighborhoodScout's exclusive analysis of FBI crime data. ", "acceptedAnswer": { "@type": "Answer", "text": "

The latest reporting year from the FBI was 2020. Population: 99,171Rank Last Year: 3 (Down 3)Violent Crimes Per 100k: 758 (Fifth most dangerous)Property Crimes Per 100k: 1,672 (14th most dangerous)More on Brockton: |Cost Of Living|Crime Report. Read more about Scout's Crime Data. Glad you made the reference to the movie The Fighter. Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weatherreports, maps & tropical weather conditions for the Lawrence area. I have been to Worcester and honestly its nothing special and in fact I find it worst than Springfield. It was swiftly removed once the article broke. We are all responsible for this bigger picture. I dont quite know what your point really is but at least you are not in Iraq or Yemen or Eastern Europe. Its historic, friend. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Good job removing my comment. If you dont know the site, this is what they do. Folks in Holyoke had a 1 in 32 chance of being the victim of a property crime in 2020, so keeping your doors locked and your eye on your valuables is paramount here. Perhaps Turtleboy is a female Asian, being anonymous, the possibilities are endless.

"}}, {"@type": "Question", "name": "Is Boston, MA a dangerous city? The North End and the Back Bay are not the real Boston.

Aguadilla Restaurants Menu, Articles W