While its under restoration, you may want to consider other options. Insider tip #1: More dates are being added as the county is updating the website frequently - if there is a question regarding dates you dont see available, you can email: weddings@countyofsb.org. Required fields are marked *. Your email address will not be published. Our records only include marriages where the license was issued in Santa Barbara County. Receive the latest, insider discounts and exclusive content, A Floral Embroidered Wedding Dress Has Entered The Chat, 48 Short Wedding Dresses Thatll Make You Ditch Tradition, Fine Art Elopement With A Peach And Persimmon Color Palette, A COVID-Friendly Bridal Shower With Citrus Libations and Sunset Blooms, Intimate Gadsden House Wedding with Blue & White Palette, Santa Fe Garden Wedding with a Nod to Greek Roots, A Jewel Toned Wedding in California with the Cutest Furry Guest, Fairytale Spring Wedding Inspiration at Pepper Tree Ranch, View all images from this wedding in the gallery. Downtown Santa Barbara is stunning, and the courthouse is the most incredible . When is the Best Time to Have My Ceremony at the Santa Barbara Courthouse? Their wedding was a spectacular event. IMPORTANT: Keep in mind you'll have to have your ceremony within 90 days of getting your license. The deputy commissioner who officiated your wedding then goes inside to complete your paperwork to issue your final marriage license. All Inclusive. Pasadenas City Hall is a beautiful photo location, but Pasadenas City Hall does not perform civil ceremonies. Be it an intimate gathering or a vast ceremony and reception, a wedding at the Courthouse is an unforgettable celebration. Within 2.5 hours before the sun sets to take advantage of the golden hour. The Anacapa Arch in the center of the Santa Barbara Sunken Gardens is a popular location for larger wedding guest counts. You two cause each other to remember your original grace, your holy, true state. I'd be honored to document your Santa Barbara Courthouse elopement or larger wedding ceremony. Due to too this, the original Spanish Colonia structures still exist throughout the city, making it one of the most unique places to wander through. If you're having over 100 guests, the Exterior Gardens will need to be reserved. In addition regular wedding photography, a bride and groom should rent a gorgeous photo booth! The second best time slot for photos is early morning, 9:00a. These are all optional preparations to make your wedding day a little more special! Taping off or coning any area of Courthouse Grounds is not permitted. How to Get Married at the Santa Barbara Courthouse Heres what you need to bring with you: Parking is available on the streets around the Courthouse or in City Lot #7, which is the structure at 1115 Anacapa Street. It felt completely natural to themthey belong in that rarefied realm. Santa Barbara Courthouse Wedding Ruffled Within seconds, we were deep into who they were for each other, what visions they had for their ceremony, the symbolism that was crucial to them and the feelings they wanted to express and convey. Planning to get married in Santa Barbara and need the best Santa Barbara Wedding Minister? The following rules apply to all Santa Barbara Courthouse wedding ceremonies, whether they be small and intimate or large. This is the marriage of the God and Goddess. How to Make Your Courthouse Wedding or Civil Ceremony Special These two amazing men exuded sunlight when they spoke. Arguably one of the most beautiful public buildings in the country, with its Spanish-Colonial style red tile roof, gorgeous clock tower and lush Sunken Gardens, it really is something to behold. The Santa Barbara Courthouse Wedding Venue offers the following high points: Private Ceremony: For this type of ceremony, you will receive a 60 minute private block of time to hold the ceremony. I was overtaken with emotion. Here is the breakdown of just what you need in order to get married at the Courthouse. With that comes exquisite craftsman structures and an old west experience. I wanted to choose them all! Once youve parked, check in at the Hall of Records on the corner of Anacapa and Anapamu Streets. the county said that there will be scaffolding around the portion of the building at the corner of Anacapa St and Figueroa St which might detract from photos and aesthetics that visitors and wedding parties expect.. Below, I'll include everything you need to know about having planning a Santa Barbara Courthouse Wedding in 2023! B) If you have more than 10 guests, or if you want the peace of mind to lock in and reserve your location so you can have chairs and have flowers, or if you want to have your wedding in either of the courthouses interior locations such as the Mural Room or Clocktower, you will need to reserve your ceremony location ahead of time. This Santa Barbara wedding venue is SO stunning. They do not make reservations over the phone or check availability. Our office has marriage records from the current year back to 1850. There are many incredible alternative options around the Santa Barbara Courthouse grounds for wedding ceremony locations if your first or second top choices are reserved when you show up. If you're having a Santa Barbara elopement with 2-15 people (including vendors), you'll be having a Santa Barbara courthouse civil ceremony. The Santa Barbara Courthouse can provide a witness if needed! So which time slot is my favorite time for photos? How to Have a Luxurious Day Trip in Santa Barbara for Under $100 Donna Romani (Donna Romani Events) contacted me asking me if I did same gender ceremonies and before she got my answer, Scott had already contacted me and set up a time for he, Nicky and myself to talk over the phone. Call me at 562-547-3255 or contact me here. If you have a friend that you want to do the ceremony, you can appoint a deputy commissioner for a day. It's my belief that elopements and intimate weddings should be treated with the same importance as a bigger more . Within seconds, we were deep into who they were for each other, what visions they had for their ceremony, the symbolism that was crucial to them and the feelings they wanted to express and convey. I made all the succulent wine corks, the straw flags and the succulents vases and my bouquet! There are several locations within the gardens to choose from. READ MORE PATRICIA + TRISTAN | MURAL ROOM WEDDING || SANTA BARBARA COURTHOUSE SANTA BARBARA COURTHOUSE If I passed muster on the phone call, Id be so blessed. Santa Barbara is a beautiful and popular wedding destination, filled with adventures for couples, amazing weather, and stunning wedding venues. Theres a small half height orange guardian barrier around a small portion in the front right off to the side as of the end. The ceremonyis performed by a Deputy Marriage Commissioner (provided by the County Clerk-Recorders Office). Phase 2 includes the Fiesta Stage (shown in periwinkle lavender). Unable to deny the magnetism that had moved them before, their steps drew closer to each other until there was no turning back. A) If you have 10 or so guests and are flexible between two or three ceremony locations for your wedding, you can choose from whatever ceremony locations are available around the courthouses exterior based on day-of availability. Be it an intimate gathering or a vast ceremony and reception, a wedding at the Courthouse is an unforgettable celebration. Held at the Mural Room at the Santa Barbara Courthouse, it had the beauty of historical times, the richness of an opulent yet functioning courtroom in true Moorish style, and the light of the sky coming in through the vast windows. Santa Barbara Clock tower elopement twirl. When it came to saying "I do" San Francisco couple, Tommy and Ava, decided to settle for a small Santa Barbara Wedding. Marriages | Santa Barbara County, CA - Official Website The mural room has specific guidelines for hosting a ceremony, accessed through the Countys website. You may only change your name through this process at the time the license is issued. They had their reception at Stella Mares in the Greenhouse room. Recognition like this comes infrequently in life, with so many of us living our daily lives being critical of and hard on ourselves and going about our work to the best of our ability. 1) The first step is to apply for a marriage license. Santa Barbara's Courthouse is not only a stunning destination elopement location but your civil ceremony is easily included. Or, if you're having a larger Santa Barbara Courthouse wedding, you may want to hold a reception party at a nearby venue! When it comes to elopements, simplicity and ease are a lot of the point. Hair/Makeup: $450 - $2,000: Depending if it's hair/makeup just for one person vs a wedding party. The 3p time slot is the latest the Hall of Records offers, so the 3:00p time slot is my first choice for photos. It made me realize the enormous responsibility I have to be true to the gifts I have been given, to honor them and nurture them because these gifts arent about me. Do this online BEFORE your marriage ceremony appointment/wedding date. Some months ago, Borrowed and Blue hosted an opportunity to vote for our favorite vendor in our County. Rustic, Industrial Courthouse Wedding - Santa Barbara Wedding Style View fees and important information about marriage licenses. Form of Payment to cover the marriage license and ceremony fee. After the destruction of the original courthouse in 1926 following the earthquake, the three-year build to replace the courthouse in the Spanish-Revival style spared no expense. Most micro weddings are typically 1.5 hr - 2 hours. Spectacular, loving, spirited and sacred time. And their love is just as luxurious. From the large exterior Sunken Garden and Palm Terrace to the elaborate hand-painted murals covering the interior walls of the Mural Room, the details make the Santa Barbara Courthouse a premier wedding location. Santa Barbara Courthouse Wedding Photographer - Kaitie Brainerd All chairs and equipment are to be hand carried to wedding site. A Santa Barbara Courthouse wedding is always an amazing idea in my book. You can view them in full detail here! Check out these other courthouse weddings weve featured on the blog! A civil ceremony is a legal wedding officiated by a government official. The Santa Barbara Courthouse has begun a four-phase restoration project on the exterior of the Santa Barbara Courthouse. Directly across the street from the Anacapa St. entrance is a four level parking garage - 75 minutes free and a dollar and a half ($1.50) an hour after that. This intimate, bilingual wedding ceremony was officiated by the bri. The Spanish-Moorish style, colorful tiles, and wrought iron work make the courthouse a popular place for photo shoots, and the sunken gardens are prime for romantic weddings. The Santa Barbara Courthouse wedding cost for a civil ceremony under 15 people is between $231 -$238, not including vendors, such as photography, hair/makeup artist, florist, etc. There is nothing quite like the Santa Barbara Courthouse. This little fence has been up during the month of Feb 2023. On their first anniversary, they held a private dinner in Santa Barbara in a home by the sea they rented for the occasion, where they fed all of us vendors who were privileged to serve them and a select few of their friends, a scrumptious home cooked meal, just to savor everything from their wedding all over again. Please arrive early. I have shot full weddings and small civil ceremonies/elopements in which the couples have come in from Canada, the east coast, and even England! You are now set to get married at the Santa Barbara Courthouse! The "Sunken Gardens" at the Santa Barbara Courthouse is a meticulously groomed venue for small to large weddings. SANTA BARBARA COURTHOUSE Jenn and Chris were married in front of the Giant Bird of Paradise in the Sunken Gardens at the Santa Barbara County Courthouse. The Santa Barbara Courthouse is perfect for those dreaming to read their vows on the American Riviera, surrounded by family and friends, in an intimate romantic courthouse. Make your marriage appointment request for Santa Barbara on the website. Furthermore, that Santa Barbara courthouse is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. You are allowed 75 minutes of free use, before there is a $1.50 charge per every additional hour after that. Ive found most tourists cohabitate the space well with couples in their wedding attire allowing us to both get the photos we want. I'm an adventurous elopement and intimate wedding photographer helping couples craft a meaningful experience for their wedding day in nature. Just so you can appreciate them even just a little, I give you this excerpt from their wedding: Scott and Nicky, you two are truly, the most magnificent men. For more information see here! In the many weddings Ive photographed, I have seen a few couples have to reschedule or push back their wedding time because one or both of them did not bring a photo ID. Its exhilarating and humbling, something I can never take for granted. With this option, a county clerk would perform the ceremony OR you can choose to bring in your own officiant (usually it's a family member or friend who gets licensed as an officiant online). Regardless of your guest count, there will be a fixed cost of $231 -$238 to pay for your marriage license, ceremony appointment reservation, and ceremony fee. This is where we will meet to start photos. Wedding Music: This is a Santa Barbara wedding venue with an ocean view. Is there anything more iconic than theSanta Barbara Courthouse? It's meticulously maintained gardens and spacious lawns have become a popular site for weddings and celebrations. 2: A veil! Here is a sample timeline of what a 3:00p civil marriage ceremony will look like. A civil ceremony Marriage licenses are issued in person (no appointment required) on a first-come, first-served basis. A confidential license: $111 instead of $104. Decoration: All chairs and equipment are to be hand carried to wedding site and may be placed on site during reserved times only. The Name Equality Act of 2007 allows you to change your middle and/or last names through the marriage license process. Santa Barbara is a beautiful and popular wedding destination, filled with adventures for couples, amazing weather, and stunning wedding venues. Please contact me for more information. Lompoc Veterans Memorial Building. I knew the instant I heard Scotts voice I wanted to work with them. Restrictions: Food and beverages (including alcohol) are allowed with a wedding reception only. She hadnt even contacted him yet to let him know she was back in town, when they saw each other in the lobby. You can book up to 90 days in advance. Need some Santa Barbara Courthouse wedding inspiration? While Austin decided over which bolo tie to wear, Emily kept it easy breezy in a comfy, white linen romper. Speaking of photos, thats our other top recommendation for how to prep for your Hall of Records appointment: book a photographer! After welcoming them and their beloved guests, it was time to honor them. Photo Courtesy of Kaitie Brainerd Photography. Santa Barbara Courthouse Gardens - Santa Barbara Venues Following the nuptials, the reception was held at The Lark Restaurant in their private urban styled . The bride chose a fitted lace dress and paired it a bouquet of pink anemones. A valid form of ID (drivers license or passport), For You & Your Partner: full Names, address, date & place of birth, Names & birth places for each of your parents, including your mothers maiden name. Getting married directly through the Santa Barbara County Clerk-Recorders office is a quick and simple process if your wedding is smaller in size, ranging from between just-the-two-of-you to around 10 or so people. Legacy-worthy wedding photography with a lifetime warranty: for the love of what it felt like. NOTE: You dont have to obtain your licensein the same county where youll be married; you can make an appointment at any County Clerks office in California. It has a Mediterranean style and panoramic views of both the ocean & mountains. With private ceremonies you are able to book your wedding ceremony on any day of the week, including weekends. If youre looking to get married in Santa Barbara, youre in luck as weve curated an all inclusive guide with steps on how you can throw an intimate ceremony, how to get a marriage license, and so much more all at the Santa Barbara Courthouse! Thats when the light also low on the horizon, but getting up this early for their wedding is sometimes more challenging for some than others. Notifications. We set it up to meet on the phone for our consultations with them being in the Bay Area, myself here, and found we lacked nothing in the way of seeing each other. Citizenship, Elections & Voting. Deputy Marriage Commissioner for a Day . Divorce records for divorces finalized in Santa Barbara County can be requested from Superior Court. Start your morning in Summerland, a 15-minute drive south of Santa Barbara on Highway 101. 15/20 min of paperwork with the Deputy Marriage Commissioner. Santa Barbara Courthouse City Hall Weddings Santa Barbara Wedding The maximum capacity is 250. Copyright 2020 Wedy Blog All Rights Reserved | Made By Zainmalik96. For example, bride Natalie was able to pull of a knee-length baby blue wedding dress with a birdcage veil, and she couldnt look any more adorable. Please be aware that capacity is limited depending on which area of the garden your ceremony will take place. Its all about Etsy!!! After getting ready, we took a fun trolley ride to the Santa Barbara Courthouse where Chynna and Chris had their first look before the ceremony which took place outside on the Fiesta Stage near the gardens. 8 Fabulous Things To Do In Beautiful Santa Barbara, California Currently, the Courthouse hosts many community and private events, such as Old Spanish Days-Fiesta, wedding ceremonies, corporate dinners, school graduation, docent-led tours, concerts and festivals. Her happiness came before his own. Click here for the Santa Barbara Courthouses County! I hope this information is as helpful as I can be with construction timelines being outside of our control. This is also an option if you have already obtained a marriage license anywhere in the state of California within the last 90 days. You two cause each other to remember your original grace, your holy, true state. Behind them entered Scott and Nicky, radiant, joyous, full of expectation. 3:45 Following the family photos, we will excuse your family and friends while the three of us (the two of you and I) play around the Santa Barbara Courthouse taking some amazing photos together. Download the application here, fill it out, and send it toweddings@countryofsb.org along with your preferred date(s). Any advice for couples planning their weddings now? Now that I have you interested, you may be wondering: Well as luck would have it, youve stumbled across the right place! Heres is a link to their site with the complete process. Bride looking out at Santa Barbarasunken gardens from inside Courthouse. Santa Barbara Marriage Photo at Courthouse. When they met, they both wanted to go slow, to be sure, and life, being cooperative, gave them the opportunity to do just that. Sources //County of Santa Barbara Clerk-RecorderSantaBarbara Parks DivisionWikipedia. And you bring each other home to your most splendid, true Selves.. To plan your Santa Barbara wedding with ease download the Wedy app! As of October 2022, the exterior of Phase 1 was still in construction despite expectations listing September for Phase 1 completion. Take the quiz. The Sunken Garden Film Series, also called Movies In The Park, is a free summer cinema series that takes over the entire Courthouse Sunken Gardens space. The fee is $600 for the mural room and $1100 for the Sunken Gardens. Depending on their schedule, some couples that arrive more than 15 minutes late have to wait until another time slot opened up later in the day. The Santa Barbara Courthouse is a romantic and popular wedding destination in Santa Barbara, California. **You'll need to pay these regardless of your guest count. After getting engaged in August 2019, the couple planned to marry on September 10, 2020, in an epic destination wedding at the beautiful Chateau De Mairy in the countryside of Champagne, France.. Confidential marriage application - no witness is required, no copies are available to the public. They came here to fulfill it and the world has more peace in it because they are together. When people first think of a courthouse or civil ceremony location, they think of a nondescript white room. He didnt date seriously and wasnt willing to compromise. Wedding Information Animal Care & Adoption. Complete Guide to Planning a Santa Barbara Courthouse Wedding Devon and Rachel chose to have a Santa Barbara courthouse Mural Room wedding because they loved the historic architecture and the colorful details like the tiles. Intimate Santa Barbara Courthouse Wedding Kara Nixon Weddings Santa Barbara Courthouse. and if the question is about your dog, the answer is YES!, *please note that the above studio address does NOT receive mail. His dream lay in waiting until he met Ursula. As the name discloses, this venue. Street parking is a limit of 75 minutes; in City Lot #7, the first 75 minutes in the city lot are free, and then its $2.50 per hour. Getting Ready for Santa Barbara Courthouse Wedding Photos, https://www.santabarbaracourthouseweddings.com/santa-barbara-weddings-courthouse-wedding-photographer. With stunning murals, unique tiling, and well-manicured grounds, the Courthouse is a beautiful building that serves as a very popular location for wedding ceremonies. How to get married at the Santa Barbara Courthouse Santa Barbara Courthouse offers a lot of diversity at one location to host your elopement or small intimate micro wedding. Meaning, if you want a specific wedding date that is more than 90 days away, you need to mark your calendar to schedule your appointment exactly 90 days before in order to get a good time slot. Sold. You each have never given up; even in the face of overwhelming odds, you believed in yourselves. BLOG; CONTACT . The intimate affair took place in the beautiful Mural Room in the Santa Barbara Courthouse surrounded by 35 of their closest family and friends. Wedding AN INTIMATE SANTA BARBARA WEDDING Keith and Lauren got married in Santa Barbara surrounded by their families and closest friends. 3:20 The Deputy Marriage Commissioner thats been assisting you with your paperwork then puts on their robe and meets us outside the back door in the Sunken Gardens for your Ceremony. If the greenery of the Sunken Gardens is what attracted you to the Courthouse initially, Alice Keck Park, Santa Barbara Botanic Garden, San Ysidro Ranch, and Lotusland share a similar but different beauty in greenery. Im Elyana, a Los Angeles wedding photographer whose intention is to capture relationships in a manner that is artistic and heartfelt. You chose happiness and peace over fear and anger. We met up in Santa Barbara at the cutest little airstream to get ready. I love the combination of leveraging the best light to my advantage in order to give images that soft & dreamy look, WHILE also focusing on more nuanced moments filled with sincerity and emotion.